Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 37 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
We are currently recruiting for the position of ‘Programme Development Manager’ to join its dynamic International Programmes Division. This is a regional role responsible for growing institutional funding portfolio in West Africa region, and supporting the country programme to ensure strong contract management on their funds from Islamic Relief Partner and institutional donors. The post holder will work closely with Country Directors to initiate new donor engagements and sustain relationships with current donors; to coordinate development of funding applications; and provide support in ensuring compliance with donors’ and IRW regulations. The postholder will be expected to travel regularly throughout the West Africa region.
The successful candidate must have or be:
· University degree or equivalent in development studies, international relations, business administration, environmental management or a related discipline
· Knowledge and expertise in working with institutional donors including EC, DFID, SIDA and UN agencies
· Significant and proven experience of successful bid leadership across development and/or humanitarian grants
· Communication and networking skills for relationship building and facilitation in a multi-cultural environment
· Ability to facilitate, maintain and manage good working relationships between staff, volunteers, partners, and donors.
· Ability to work on short-term assignments with tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
· Capacity building experience including training and skills development.
· Ability to work independently, and function effectively as a member of a regional team and adhere to strict deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
· An in-depth understanding of international development and West Africa economic, social and development context
· High level of numeracy and understanding of financial controls and procedures
· Project Cycle management and monitoring, evaluation and learning methodologies
· Fluency in French and English
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 09/08/2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer