“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI has been operating in Bangladesh since 1997, implementing emergency and development actions aimed at improving protection, quality of life, and the promotion of rights of vulnerable individuals, including people with disabilities. HI’s current operations are centered Northern (Kurigram) and Southern part (Sitakundu and Cox Bazar). Currently HI major operation is located in FDMN( Forcibly Displaced Myanmar National/Rohingya refugee in) camp in Cox Bazar with 3 field offices ;Cox, Ukhiya and Teknaf. HI Bangaldesh has recently finalized country strategy/StartOp ( 2021-2023) with one of the great focus to create a opertaional balance between developmental and emergency operation ; hence while maintaining the current emergency operation in Cox Bazar ; HI is also extensively working to further expand programme to others part of the country including host community of Cox Bazar.
HI is looking for a Programme Development Specialist for one year.
Under the direct responsibility of Technical Unit Manager (TUM), you contribute within the country where you are based to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. You ensure optimal quality and impact on the programme development, partnerships and consortium development, Donor relationship, finding new opportunities as per Country Strategy/StratOp You share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes. You will also responsible to extensively work to build HI’s external profile and develop excellent and active working relationship with strategic donors and partners in country and develop programme accordingly.
Responsibility 1: Strategic development:
- You monitor donors’ strategies and priorities in order to anticipate calls for proposals and identify opportunities for submission;
- You engage with identified donors to understand their perception of current HI programming and identify areas of interests for targeted fundraising efforts;
- You monitor research and development initiatives of other organizations, including INGOs, UNs and government to spot trends in the development sector which need to be taken into account to develop competitive proposals;
- You contribute to StratOp development and follow-up, with a focus on Fundraising action plan and Internal Project Documents.
Responsibility 2: Proposal Development and Grant Management
- You write Lead donor’s proposal in accordance with HI’s proposal writing process and tools (PD-tool, Project Developement Monitoring tool, etc.) and including the development of: logical frameworks, MEAL plan, technical approach narrative, planning, staffing and budgeting;
- For the renewal of existing projects: you contribute, under the lead of the Project Manager, to the proposal’s writing;
- You coordinate and collaborate with HQ shared services, HI National Associations (Projects Support Officers) and technical staff to ensure their inputs are duly reflected in proposals;
- You identify appropriate/competitive teaming arrangements (consortiums, multi- country projects…) and facilitate negotiations;
- You manage coordination, communication and inputs from subs during project development for consortiums
- You review final proposal/concept note before submission for compliance with donors guidelines and expectations, budget matching to technical narrative and overall quality;
- You ensure (when relevant) the final submission of the concept notes and proposals to donors;
- You coordinate Donor Reporting, liaising with different departments, scheduling tasks, and providing guidance to relevant staff members to ensure timely and high-quality inputs.
- You liaise with HQ to maintain an updated grant follow up tool that is disseminated on a monthly basis to all relevant staff members along with the reporting table.
- You maintain proper records of all Grants and sub-grants, ensuring that grants information management and filing system is respected and all donor contractual documents, reports, key correspondence and other documents are appropriately filed in up-to-date.
- You ensure that all local partnerships have Partnership Agreements up-to-date in accordance (scope, duration and budget) with approved Donor proposals
Regularly visit field offices in order to work directly with program staff on the development of proposals.
Responsibility 3: Representation and Donor Relationship Management
- You work with the Programme Director and TUM to build HI’s external profile and influence, building key stakeholder relationships with relevant decision makers in government, national/local organizations, donors and key international organizations
- You develop excellent and active working relationship with strategic donors and partners in- country;
- You promote HI’s technical positioning, approaches, know-how and expertise in relevant networks in order to develop consortium agreements;
- You feed into the Funding Needs tool (on HINSIDE) to make sure program needs are well known at HQ/NAs level and develop supporting documents, such as “project sheets” and/or “donor sheets”
- You manage the program’s CRM and ensure it is updated as needed.
- You represent in Donor Meetings, upon request
Responsibility 4: Communication
- You are responsible for the main communication tasks within the mission: update of factsheet, newsletters, ensure that HI is published on a regular basis in the NCCI newsletter etc.
- You gather pictures (or other visibility material) from field teams and take pictures of HI activities when possible.
- You share and update the visibility plan for Bangladesh
You Support the TUM in any other tasks and remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
YOUR PROFILE :
· You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in humanitarian project development and donor relationship (including experience in consortium development) and a minimum of 2 years of experience in project development.
· Having a previous experience with HI is a strong asset; experience in South Asia/Asia region is also a strong asset.
· Having technical skills of the following thematics is an asset: Physical Rehabilitation, Inclusion/mainstreaming, inclusive humanitarian action, education, livelihood and DRR.
· You are capable to establish strong network internally and externally;
· You demonstrate resilience to stress and uncertainty.
· You are fluent in oral and written English – Bangla would be an asset.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
Security is fairly good in some area but inlarge remain ongoing concern in the country. The Hill Tracts (Myanmar border and Indian border) are zones where expatriates are not allowed to go except with an authorization from the government. In Dhaka, the blockades and Hartals (national strikes) can restrict project activity. Expatriates have to strictly follow the security rules, which are periodically updated. Expatriates are currently only allowed to move by car; walking in the streets is restricted to specific areas. Security in Cox’s Bazar is even more sensitive with the growing criminality in host community as well as in Camps.
Travelling between the differents sites is easy : 1 hour flight Dhaka – Cox’s Bazar and from 1 to 1h30 hours by car within Cox’s Bazar district sites.
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
· 12 months’ International contract starting from 1st, October 2021
· The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:**
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals**
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount**
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution **
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI**
· Salary from 2757 € gross/month upon experience
· Perdiem: 581,78€ net/month – paid in the field
· Hardship: 250€ net/month paid with your salary
· Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
· R&R: 5 days every 3 months
§ Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects (from 12 months of mission)
§ Mission of more than 12 months : a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
§ open to couples (from 12 months of mission
§ Support travel costs (air ticket & visa) for accompanying dependent and health/ repatriation insurance if the dependent has no income/
§ Mission of more than 18 months: payment of one yearly additional return flight
o open to families (more than 12 months) : package familial
§ a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
§ Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years
§ Family-wide health coverage
· Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects **
· Housing: Individual taken in charge by HI**
If you are resident in the country: local package
How to apply
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Only successful candidates will be contacted.