About the role
Programme Manager – Health
Expiry date of the contract: 31st of October 2023
Function of Department
Supporting Crown Agents to deliver effective and efficient programmes and services to our clients, acting as a centre of excellence, challenge and support. Contribute to CA’s success through strong project management and support to team leaders to deliver profitable results, manage risk and ensure client impact is well communicated.
Main job purpose
Work closely with PPM to contribute to effective and timely delivery of the South Sudan Health Pooled Fund 3 Programme. Contribute to establishing the PMO as a centre of excellence as a knowledgeable programme manager and trusted advisors for internal and external clients. Manage Crown Agents’ projects in line with corporate procedures and identify opportunities for continuous improvement and growth, this includes on-selling the project and supporting business winning activities.
Main Job Purpose:
- Manage Consultancy’s projects in line with corporate procedures
- Assist the BMO to become a centre of excellence
- On-sell the project and assist in business winning activities
- Actively seek new opportunities to on-sell the project to new clients in new markets, or seek new opportunities within existing country.
- Contracted annual financial target is met or exceeded;
- Deliverables are produced on time and to the highest quality;
- Risks are mitigated and managed;
- Client and partner relationships are managed.
- Line management of team members
- Weekly updates to project delivery RAG report
- Regular impact statements and VFM Analysis to BMO
- Thought-leadership on project management procedure and processes within CA
- Thought leadership for clients on results achieved
Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested.
- Qualified with a post-graduate degree from a top-tier university
- Relevant government or private sector experience in relevant subject area
- Experience of working in a developing country
- Proven ability to identify, develop and win new opportunities
- Demonstrable experience working in complex and time-pressured contexts
- Demonstrable experience managing complex projects in developing countries
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.