The Program Officer in Basic Education (BE) is responsible for the technical oversight in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of Basic Education interventions in Save the Children’s impact areas in Caloocan, Malabon and Navotas (CAMANA). The post is expected to provide strategic direction and focus on BE, which is innovative, evidence-based, scalable, and applicable in both humanitarian and emergency contexts. S/he will work closely with community development officers, program officers in education, and program officers in health and nutrition to ensure operational integration and program coherence including streamlined campaigns and advocacy. S/he is also responsible in creating education program designs linking sponsorship operations to effect positive child experience in sponsorship program. The post holder is expected to produce resource packages which are distinctively Save the Children Philippines (Tatak Save the Children); ensure evidence, lessons and program learning are properly documented and shared to various stakeholders (academe, children, parents, national government agencies, SCP staff); and leads in facilitating research and learning forum foster collaboration with other key actors in Sponsorship program impact areas
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing and implementing basic education program; Experience of working with and/or for the Department of Education is an advantage
- Background in engaging policy decision makers in child rights issues, human rights, gender equality and social inclusion is an advantage
- College degree in education is preferred
- Strong communication demonstrated by skills and knowledge in using various tools in simplifying concepts and frameworks in communicating with a wide range of audiences related to the program including children
- Proficiency in facilitation.
- Critical thinking which is demonstrated by the ability to resolve program issues and integrate programs
- Learnability, agility, and curiosity traits
- Background in research and development is an advantage
- Experience in engaging duty bearers and facilitating child participation, use of child rights approaches, gender development and inclusion principles in development or humanitarian settings.
- Resilience to stress, can tolerate working under ambiguous circumstances), high flexibility to abrupt changes and can multitask.
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethics particularly in timeliness (organizing and prioritizing) and quality in programming.
- Understands child rights-based programming and adheres to gender equality and disability and social inclusion principles
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS41OTA1My4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20