Position Title : Programme Support Officer
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 26 August 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM
Country Offices (CO) in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Refugee Care, Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration and Human Development (CT/LMHD), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission (COM), the successful candidate will provide functional and substantive support to the Country Office (CO) ensuring programmatic coherence among the various activities and identify synergies among programmes and projects.
As head of Programme Support Unit, s/he will lead and assist in writing and review of project projects, support project managers in the technical review of project reports, and secure necessary internal endorsements; coordinate all donor and internal reports to ensure quality reporting and timely submission; assist in liaising with donors and partners; conduct research on funding opportunities and funding priorities of specific donors; and, support the effort to build donor interest in IOM areas of expertise and programming needs by contributing to in-person and written communications with donors.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Support Programme Managers in the elaboration of new project proposals, reporting and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) frameworks. Lead in the design and development of projects for new thematic areas in coordination with all relevant IOM units, governmental authorities, international and regional institutions, and public/private institutions, in line with the established procedures of the organization.
Provide technical support to Programme Managers to ensure timely submission of project reports.
Support Programme Managers in ensuring that IOM internal policies and procedures are met in regard to proposal development and submission. Liaise with Regional Thematic Specialists (RTS) staff at the Regional Office (RO) Bangkok for the timely endorsement of all project proposals and reports.
Maintain liaison with the Resource Management Unit to ensure that all necessary financial, legal and administrative requirements and resource mobilization efforts are coordinated in a timely manner.
Conduct research on funding opportunities, funding priorities and programming interests, including private donors (i.e. foundations and corporate social responsibility), and prepare appropriate materials highlighting relevant IOM programming areas of expertise; support the gathering of data on all IOM Indonesia programming departments to be used for external relations.
Ensure that all documents and related information such as project proposals, budgets, and agreements with donors, reports, correspondence, and internal memoranda are complete, maintained and filed accordingly. Coordinate with Programme Managers to ensure the statistical reports on CO programming, including the Regional Cooperation Arrangement (RCA), remain up-to-date and accurate for donor reporting.
Keep track of donor reporting requirements and submission deadlines for each report. Follow up within the CO for the timely preparation, review, and submission of all project reports to donors. Ensure these are in line with the specific IOM and donor requirements.
Establish and maintain, in coordination with each project manager, strong and regular operational level liaison with the project/programme partners, such as concerned Government of Indonesia authorities, other concerned United Nations (UN) agencies and working groups aiming at coordinating and promoting new activities and facilitating the implementation of ongoing activities and fundraising for new projects/programmes.
Represent IOM in coordination meetings with other development partners, UN agencies, as well as national and international workshops, seminars and conferences aimed at developing new programmes/projects and promoting IOM’s image and activities.
Draft donor profiles and guidance notes on donor priorities; assist in developing approaches to expand the IOM donor base, including research and mapping of funding trends.
Undertake duty travel related to programme assessment, liaison with counterparts, problem solving, and new programme developments, as required.
Support the development and updating of external informational materials, including the IOM factsheets, stories, etc.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:International Organization for Migration
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law and/or International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or,
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in humanitarian programmes for migrants and capacity-building activities;
• Sound experience in project development and liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions and NGOs; d) experience in programme implementation, particularly in the fields of technical cooperation and migration and development; and,
• Experience working in Indonesia and/or the ASEAN region is an advantage.
SkillsInternational Organization for Migration
• Excellence in project development and report writing skills.
• Good knowledge in programme management cycle.
• Computer skills and knowledge of relational databases, Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, word processing, etc.
• Strong understanding of the UN and IOM Rules, Regulations and practices are advantage.
• Good understandings in PRISM and PRIMA are an advantage.
• Effectively and professionally coordinates activities with colleagues, partners, local authorities, and other stakeholders to achieve the goals.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 26 August 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 13.08.2021 to 26.08.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2021 189 Programme Support Officer (P3) Jakarta, Indonesia (57126656) Released
Posting: Posting NC57126657 (57126657) Released