ADVERTISEMENT: PROGRAM SUPPORT OFFICER (Nawiri)- Maternity Cover
The post holder will be accountable to the Health Systems Strengthening Advisor for supporting Finance, HR, IT, supply chain and Administration services in programming contexts. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring compliance with SCI global standards, policies and practices. The position also plays a key role in effectively supporting program implementation activities in line with the annual and country strategic plans.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- In charge of warehouse at field office level, ensure TIMs and other warehousing records are updated daily.
- Support programme staff to develop procurement plans.
- Coordinate field office procurement requests and LPOs for local procurements liaising with Supply Chain Officers in Nairobi and Programme Implementation team
- Coordinate delivery and recording of items sourced from local suppliers working closely with Nairobi supply chain team.
- Manage fleet at field office level; Coordinate fleet requests, allocate vehicles, ensure compliance with all SCI fleet management policies and Sops.
- Maintain records including allocation of assets and GPEs assigned to Field Office.
- Communicate with IT and Supply Chain for maintenance or upgrading or replacement of any asset assigned asset and GPE assigned to Samburu Office.
- Prepare and share monthly fleet reports with fleet officer in Nairobi.
- Assist the HSS Advisor in security matters at the field office
- Responsible of goods and Parcel dispatches to Nairobi and the field respectively.
- In charge of the driver at the field level
Human resources and administration
- Lead administrative function to ensure the provision of effective administrative support in the field office.
- Support the recruitment of casuals at the field office.
- Support in Contract engagements of casuals.
- Maintain clear communication with both the functional (direct) line manager and the technical manager to foster a smooth working relation under existing matrix structure.
- Manage performance of direct report in the work area through effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Coordinate with Admin Nairobi on incoming and outgoing visitors for transportation and accommodations at the field
- Manage, update and track the teams’ leave plan
- Monitor and troubleshoot monthly timesheet errors for the team
Financial accounting, planning and budgeting.
- Assist with documentation at field office level. Consolidate all financial documents generated at field office and send to relevant officers in Nairobi; these include supplier invoices, staff liquation, Mpesa payment lists, receipts, etc.
- Assist as needed with daily programming accounting operation in liaison with Finance Officers in Nairobi; these include payment of suppliers, processing activity advances, payment of casuals, etc.
- Scanning of all payment and share with supply chain and Admin focal point persons and Finance officer in Nairobi
- Responsible of petty cash at the field and sharing the balancing weekly
- Set up a tracking system at the field for all documents sent to Nairobi for processing
Contract Duration: 4 Months
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Samburu
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Degree in Social Sciences or Business Administration from a recognized University.
- Strong knowledge/experience HR and admin, logistics and financial management.
- Demonstrates a strong drive and commitment to achieve agreed objectives
- Minimum three year’s relevant experience in Support Services within a busy organisation
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in working with computers particularly spread sheets and word processing
- Experience of working within a team and team building.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Demonstrates Save the Children’s core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, ambition, and creativity.
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communication skills is required
- Native Samburu candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4yNTM1MS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpb…