Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organisation representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; Western Africa; and the Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and provide services that contribute to improving their livelihoods.
ABOUT THE JOB
- To coordinate and lead a team of Programme staff in the implementation of all field activities and producer services under the specific portfolio.
- To ensure standard compliance, capacity development, and growth in the professionalism of the Fairtrade members and producers within the portfolio.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the programme team and support them to work efficiently and effectively, taking responsibility for the overall delivery plan
- Plan and monitor day to day field activities in conjunction with programme and project staff
- Undertake joint planning and scheduling of capacity development activities with producers and worker groups
- Ensure field staff receives training on Fairtrade standards. And can facilitate training and interventions with producer and worker groups
- Provide orientation, coaching, and mentoring to staff field
- Coordinate the integration of thematic support in programme activities
- Support the implementation projects in conjunction with the Programme Manager and Project Manager.
- Capture data to support the measurement of outputs, outcomes, and impact of programmes and projects under the portfolio
- Support the identification of opportunities for programmes and projects development
- Monitor budget disbursements for field staff programming activities
Producer and Partnership Support
· Initiate and maintain relationships with local communities, public, and government institutions, educational institutions among other stakeholders
· Advocate on FTA policies and issues with the local opinion leaders and decision-makers in close liaison with the Programme Manager
· Ensure awareness of the local trends, perceptions, and players in the local community.
· Advise on how to manage risk and optimise on the opportunities
- Support and provide advice to producer groups to enable access to trade and marketing opportunities
- Influence localised policies and perceptions in favour of FTA with the support of the Programme Manager.
- Implement FTA membership strategy and ensure follow up on membership issues with the regional office
- Support the development and communication of impact stories.
· Ensure the provision of reports on grants, M&E, Finance, Programme activity
· Provide the team with the needed direction to achieve results and hold them accountable.
· Support staff in developing realistic work plans based on programmatic needs.
· Regularly discuss performance, giving timely, constructive feedback, providing support to address issues, and acting when necessary
· Provide technical support, guidance, and development for team members
· Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Agriculture or related field
Experience and Knowledge
- A minimum of 4 years in agricultural development with team management experience
- Experience in supporting ethical and sustainable supply chains
- Knowledge of agricultural development and sustainable business practices
- Knowledge and understanding of Fairtrade standards
· Good command of spoken and written English.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional disciplines
· Conflict resolution skills
· Good organizational skills
· Good training and facilitation skills
How to apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE is 12TH, JULY 2021
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website https://fairtradeafrica.net/vacancies-2/
If you have any queries, please e-mail email@example.com
or call +254 202721771 or +254 704180169 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a pre-condition of employment. Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name and the position (PROGRAMME TEAM LEADER) and be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants should state how they meet the essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts, and three referees with contact details on the application form.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.