The post holder, through an efficient and effective project management, is responsible for ensuring the achievement of the Packard-funded project: Frontiers in SRHR Access for Women and Youth: Self-Care and Digital Health.
This project is delivered by IPPF Member Association’s in Cambodia, Cameroon, and Ghana, and has the long-term goal of improving women’s and girls’ sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) through innovative, sustainable, and client-centred approaches.
Provide strategic guidance and technical support to Member Associations (MA) project teams in the furtherance of the project.
Specifically contribute to IPPF’s youth programming, focusing on the institutional strengthening of IPPF’s work related to self-care and digital health interventions (DHI) for continuity of SRHR information and care during and beyond Covid-19 and improved resilience for the future.
Closely work with the secretariat technical teams to ensure that the project is managed efficiently ensuring high performance, high quality programme and service delivery in an accountable manner.
· To oversee the implementation of the project according to the project design, the implementation, monitoring and reporting plans and in line with existing best practices and IPPFAR policies/procedures.
· To co-ordinate the overall project, including, grant management, reporting, donor compliance, project documentation, monitoring and evaluation, designing and maintaining effective data collection systems and sharing best practice.
· To provide support and guidance to implementing MA across all stages of the project (in country project implementation, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation).
· To monitor project expenditure and costs against results, to provide inputs in reviewing/overseeing the financial planning and reporting of the project.
· To develop sound monitoring plan to regularly track the implementation of the project in general and specifically for each of the 3 countries in order to timely providing feedback/support to each MA.
· To ensure the delivery of project is to the appropriate quantitative and qualitative levels of donors’ expectations.
· To support the evaluation of the project and to liaise with and support research institutions on relevant research and evaluation activities related to projects.
· To design and implement a learning and dissemination strategy to contribute to IPPF’s capacity sharing and knowledge management and support the uptake within the Federation of lessons learned and good practices from the project and related programming.
· To co-ordinate the preparation of programme related materials and publications for dissemination to internal and external audiences to promote awareness and lesson-learning
· To ensure that the results of the project are integrated in broader youth and abortion programmes, policies and strategies.
· To ensure that IPPF’s policy on protection of children and vulnerable adults is incorporated within the project.
· To ensure gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF’s Gender Equality Policy.
· To strengthen the capacity of the regional team of the project to develop and to implement innovative SRHR approaches within and beyond the project
· To manage the regional team of the project on a day-to-day basis to support the project on its performance objectives in line with the departmental joint priorities and deliverables.
· To assist members of the regional project team to set annual goals and performance objectives against achievements of the project and considering the departmental deliverables
· To conduct quarterly one on one and team meetings to review work plans against achievements of the project team at regional level
· To track and ensure contributions of the regional project team and project consultants are adequately captured and timely shared/disseminated.
Partnerships and collaboration
· To collaborate with IPPF technical colleagues for the delivery of programme activities, including those working on youth, self-managed medical abortion, digital / mHealth and quality of care.
· To manage work with consultants and external partners for the delivery of the project, including IBIS and YLabs.
· To identify, collect, and compile information on scalable and sustainable best approaches in the area of self-care and digital health interventions (DHI) for continuity of SRHR information and care during and beyond Covid-19
· To collaborate with the Strategy, Organizational Development and Governance department and with the Communication unit to document Frontiers in SRHR promising/best practices in the 3 countries.
· To ensure effective partnerships internally with youth networks and with relevant international organizations, including IPAS and the Youth Coalition, and represent IPPF at external meetings and conferences as required.
· To ensure effective internal coordination with finance and operations colleagues for timely project delivery and reporting.
· To coordinate information flow, regular communication, and timely responses between IPPF ARO, the secretariat and the project donor.
· To collaborate with other departments at IPPFARO to contribute to the delivering of the agreed regional office priorities.
· To contribute to strengthen internal and external linkages and partnerships between the Programme Department and other ARO departments/units, other IPPF secretariat offices and other strategic external partners.
· To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Federation.
How to apply
For more details on the job description and on how to apply please visit https://bit.ly/3CCArN3
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.