Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client in Mozambique is implementing a Community Engagement & Policing (CEP) project that seeks to strengthen community security & stability in communities affected by violence in the northern region of Mozambique through police capacity building & community engagement. The objective of the intervention is to contribute to building resilience to violence in communities & increase law enforcement’s positive relationships with communities in Cabo Delgado.
- The activities are planned to be implemented across multiple districts, communities & will require significant coordination, networking & liaising responsibilities in addition to technical, operational & management oversight.
- Under the overall supervision of the Head of Program & Operations & the direct supervision of the Program Manager (Immigration & Border Management (IBM) the successful candidate will support the implementation & monitoring of our clients Community Engagement & Policing
- (CEP) program & projects in the northern region of Mozambique. The position will be based in Pemba, Cabo Delgado, as well as plan & participate in field missions, which will require frequent travel.
The position will support the implementation & monitoring of our clients Community Engagement and Policing (CEP) program & projects in the northern region of Mozambique.
- Liaise & coordinate with community representatives & community groups in assigned communities.
- Provide assistance in implementing & monitoring the day to day implementation of the project in assigned communities.
- Support the preparation of trainings to community members.
- Assist in M&E processes, including data entry & conducting monitoring visits.
- Produce regular update reports on field activities.
- Assist the National Project Officer in monitoring & notifying the Program Manager of all potential / emerging risks associated with the project.
- Undertake duty travel as required.
- Organize internal & external field visits.
- Guide, train & assist in coordinating work of field staff.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- This role works under the overall supervision of the Head of Program & Operations & the direct supervision of the Program Manager (Immigration & Border Management (IBM).
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, Communications or other relevant field with at least 3 years of relevant experience or completed High School Degree from an accredited academic institution, with 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working with govt., international organizations, NGOs or CSOs in complex and changing environment.
- Experience working with law enforcement is highly desirable.
- Experience supporting training & capacity building programs, particularly for law enforcement, is desirable.
- Experience working & communicating with communities & community leaders required.
- Excellent planning & organizational skills are required, including the ability to meet deadlines & work under pressure.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills.
- Ability to present clear & concise information is required.
- Experience in community mobilization & community policing is a desirable skill.
- Experience with conflict prevention, mediation or psychosocial counselling is highly desirable.
- Must be fluent in both English & Portuguese.
- Fluency in local languages of Cabo Delgado province is an advantage.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: