BACKGROUND OF THE PROGRAM
Coalitions for Change (CfC) is a program under the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and The Asia Foundation Partnership in the Philippines.
In its second phase (2018-2022), CfC supports Philippine leaders in civil society, academe, the private sector, and government who pursue policy reforms to support inclusive economic growth, social development, governance, and peace towards improving the lives of Filipinos. The program also provides training and mentoring to equip leaders to better pursue policy reforms.
Designed to be an adaptive and responsive program, CfC’s support to Philippine leaders and organizations has helped introduce transformative policy reforms that bring positive outcomes for Filipinos in the broad areas of economic growth, social development, and governance.
BACKGROUND OF THE ASSIGNMENT – BROADBAND INFRASTRACTURE (ECONOMIC REFORM TEAM)
Rapid technological advancements and the pandemic have moved a significant part of daily interactions and activities online. This trend towards digitalization is accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has normalized remote working environments. Most sectors — education, health, business, social services — now rely in part on access to fast, reliable, and quality internet for their continued functioning. Internet access is therefore indispensable in a lot of areas of economic activity.
Unfortunately, the Philippines continues to suffer from poor internet infrastructure and market competition which leads to low access, slow speed, and high costs. CfC is working on several policy reforms that would improve quality, costs, and access to internet services across the country.
CfC is seeking to hire three (3) Project Assistants on consultant positions.
SECTOR: BROADBAND | POSITION: PROJECT ASSISTANT
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the CfC Economic Reform team, its network, and partners.
- Assist in proposing technically sound and politically feasible policies to improve public transportation as identified by CfC and its partners.
- Provide technical assistance to preparation of policy papers, briefers, presentations, and other reference materials.
- Contribute to team discussions and strategy planning.
- Assist in meeting documentation, data analysis and presentation, crafting presentations and action plans to be presented to government officials and key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g Political Science, Public Administration, Development Studies, Economics etc.)
- At least two (2) years professional experience in policy research and development particularly in the Philippine broadband market.
- Working knowledge of broader and recent development issues in the Philippines, including broadband reforms.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in both English and Filipino.
- Working knowledge of research methods and techniques.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize data relevant to the reform work.
- Ability to self-direct, balance competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working in adaptive programs and development entrepreneurship would be an advantage.
- All positions are part-time / intermittent engagement for 6-12 months.
How to apply
Interested applicants should accomplish and send their TAF application form (https://bit.ly/3bi3xEx) and updated Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31 May 2021.
Please use email subject: Job Application[SURNAME][SECTOR]_[POSITION].
Sample: Job Application_ARAGON_BROADBAND_PROJECT ASSISTANT.