II. Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Migration Management and direct supervision of the Programme Officer – Immigration & Border Management Officer the Project Assistant’s primary role will be to support the implementation of Identity and Border Management (IBM) projects implemented within the Migration Management Division (MMD).
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Act as the quality control focal point for the IBM project in Kabul assist in the day-to-day quality control monitoring of the applications and supporting the Snr Project Assistant in the monitoring of the project activities.
- Assist the Snr Project Assistant to monitor all activities on donor internal software verifying ensuring accuracy of data entry activities.
- Ensure that the questionnaires filed with the visa applications are accurate and meet the requirements set by the donor and report immediately any quality issue to the Quality Control Officer.
- Enhance capacities of Migrant Service Assistants (MSAs) through providing ad hoc trainings to promote knowledge and application of the SOPs.
- Assist with the report preparation and data-management of the donor project by preparing statistical and thematic reports whenever required.
- Report to donors management keeping the Migration Management Officer informed of any problems or issues arising immediately and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the donor staff locally and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload.
- Maintain and promote confidentiality and integrity of all donor-related matters and of all beneficiaries in accordance with guidelines and instructions.
- Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data.
10.Assist and guide migrants in the completion of the online visa application form as per checklists and conduct completeness checks on all documentation before their visa appointment.
11.Complete questionnaires on behalf of applicants while ensuring accuracy of the information and verifying the consistency of the information in the questionnaires with the documentation provided.
12.Answer questions and provide remote guidance on form completion, visa requirements and general information to families and principle applicants.
13.Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3*
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Note: Appointment is subject to funding availability.**
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel PowerPoint Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel Word PowerPoint and Publisher.
· Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
V. Education and Experience:
· University Degree or equivalent in Business Management Client Services Social Science or related discipline preferred, or an equivalent combination of education training & experience.
· Minimum 3 years (or 5 for candidates holding high school diploma) of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
· Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
Fluency in English, Pashto, and Dari (oral and written).
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae by the following e-mail address:
email@example.com and by Close of Business (CoB) 17 July 2021 latest, referring to this advertisement quoting the above vacancy notice number. Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM SAP account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account, please print and sent that to the mentioned email address along with your CV.
External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here
External candidate and already have an account, Click here
IOM Staff outside IOM network, Click here