Position Title : Project Clerk (Education)
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification: General Service Staff (G3,THB 49,198.25 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Contract, 9 months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 23 July 2021
Reference Code : SVN020/2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under its Migrant Assistance and Counter-Trafficking Unit (MACTU), IOM Thailand implements a range of national and regional projects aimed at addressing migration challenges and delivering increased protection and assistance to vulnerable migrants in partnership with government, civil society and private sector counterparts.
In particular, the PRM-funded “Child Care Services and Psychosocial Assistance at Bangkok Immigration Detention Centres” project aims to improve living conditions and health outcomes (including mental health and psychosocial wellbeing) for migrant children and women detained in Bangkok. The project also seeks to support implementation of alternatives to detention, and to improve and strengthen integration-focused interventions, including follow-up visits and continued support for migrant children and families released on bail.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer (Counter-Trafficking), working in close coordination with the Project Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with the rest of project team (two social workers and a psychologist) to contribute to the implementation of project activities.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide general/clerical assistance in the implementation of activities under the project “Child Care Services and Psychosocial Assistance at Bangkok Immigration Detention Centres”;
- Following direction provided by the Project Assistant and Programme Officer, collaborate with project staff, including a psychologist and two social workers, in assisting in the preparation of activity plans and assessments for project beneficiaries;
- Support the development of the learning materials and the delivery of educational and recreational activities for project beneficiaries;
- Provide routine project updates to the Project Assistant on a regular basis when requested;
- Assist in retrieving, compiling and summarizing data for the preparation of donor reports;
- Support in coordinating with project partners as requested;
- Perform clerical administrative tasks as assigned;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
3. DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: Delivers maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
4. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in international relations, political science, social science or a related field with at least one year of relevant professional experience;
- Or, high school degree with at least two years of relevant professional experience.
· Experience in delivering educational and recreational activities for children and young adults;
· Understanding of child and adult learning principles;
· Demonstrated experience in teaching, facilitation and training;
· Knowledge of humanitarian assistance and principles will be considered an asset.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain trust and good working relationships with counterparts;
· Capacity for creative thinking;
· Team-oriented, but with capacity to work independently and with minimal supervision;
· Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility to adapt to changing situations;
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and follow data protection principles;
· Commitment and ability to apply IOM Standards of Conduct, including Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) procedures;
· Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to deliver under tight timelines;
· Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and handle a stressful environment;
· Proficient with Microsoft Windows and MS Office applications;
· Understanding of IOM policies, procedures and institutional tools will be considered an advantage.
Required: English and Thai (Fluent)
Desirable: Knowledge of Burmese or other languages spoken by migrants in Thailand is a strong asset.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail email@example.com by July 23, 2021 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code SVN020/2021 followed by your full name in the subject line.**
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.