The Subotica Project Coordinator manages the implementation and coordination of Collective Aid’s project in Northern Serbia, including the day to day operations, budget management, and coordinator and volunteer oversight. Overall, the Project Coordinator is in charge of ensuring the project runs smoothly and efficiently, and adapts to the changing needs of the population in the region.
Collective Aid’s project in Subotica currently operates in three municipalities throughout Northern Serbia, along the Hungarian, Croatian, and Romanian borders. The project runs shower and laundry services for people on the move who are sleeping rough, as well as distributions of basic material aid such as clothing, bedding, hygiene items and dry food. Our team is also a part of the Border Violence Monitoring Network, collecting testimonies of internal and border violence.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Supervision and management of the day to day operations of the project in collaboration with two other coordinators based in Subotica.
- Responding to needs of the beneficiary community amid changing context in the field.
- Ensuring that the overall strategy and goals for the project are being achieved.
- Development and preparation of weekly briefings, relevant trainings, and work schedule for the volunteer team.
- Coordinating with the Programmes Manager to ensure the project has the necessary resources to run smoothly.
- Supporting Coordinators in management of project warehouses and inventory stock.
- Keeping track of finances and day-to-day supervision of the budget
- Planning and conducting regular needs assessments in the region.
- Coordinating with other organisations and actors working in the region for the provision of referrals, services and signposting of vulnerable cases.
- Coordinating the reporting for the Border Violence Monitoring Network in the field.
- Supervision of the writing of social media inputs from the project, including weekly posts and monthly newsletters.
- Ensure legal paperwork of project vehicles is up-to-date.
- Working closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to support the volunteers’ wellbeing and ensure the team has the right skills for the project
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong spoken and written English
- Adaptability and flexible approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment both within a team and independently
- Have a good understanding of working with vulnerable populations
- Experience with field work, especially distributions or hygiene related projects
- Drivers License and experience driving manual cars and vans
- Knowledge of Pashto, Arabic, Farsi, Turkish, French or Serbian is an asset
How to apply
Please send an email to our director email@example.com with a CV and a Cover Letter.