ROLE PURPOSE: The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the delivery of quality programming support and coordination in the implementation of Big Bad Boo project hosted by SCP-BARMM. The Project Coordinator will engage in regular coordination and consultation with the Team Leader and the respective HOOs in Iligan, Cotabato City; NCR and Visayas, provides technical inputs during planning, implementation, completion of the project; monitor the implementation and progress of project activities, ensure timely completion of deliverables based on Save the Children’s tools and standards, responsible for engaging with the relevant regional ministries especially the DepEd/MBHTE and its relevant units and divisions implementing the Big Bad Boo program and Collaborates with relevant local CSOs or People Organizations and local Government Units and relevant government agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in Sociology, Developmental Management, Community Development, Social Work and/or other related social sciences courses
- Has technical capacity or experience on Education in Emergencies
- Demonstrated competencies in two or more of the following:
- establishing and maintaining partner relationships with local government, private enterprises, community groups;
- community mobilization at the city or province or groups of cities and provinces; and
- program delivery and partnering preferably in the context of the assigned areas;
- Child-centered initiatives and processes;
- work on programs for children e.g. education, health, child rights governance, child protection, livelihoods, humanitarian / emergency response
- Very good human relations and supervisory knowledge and skills
- Well-developed communication skills, both in written and verbal forms in order to establish effective relationships with a wide range of audiences, including at a geographical distance
- Ability to think and act fast
- High flexibility
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
- Can tolerate working under ambiguous circumstances and sometimes difficult situations
- Understands and believes in Save the Children’s Policy.
Contract length: Fixed term position until June 31, 2022 based in Iligan City
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wNDkyMy4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20