Position: Project Coordinator – SUPREME (for Nationals only)
Starting date: May/June 2021
Duty station: Rhino Camp Refugee Settlement (West-Nile)
Reports to: Project Manager
Date of posting: 5th May 2021
ZOA is an international NGO that inspired by Christian identity and biblical message of reconciliation and restoration of a broken world with its headquarters in the Netherlands. ZOA operate in fifteen countries on and on three continents. At ZOA we provide relief to people affected by conflict or natural disasters, contribute to a new perspective of hope in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the recovery of their livelihoods.
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Nwoya), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, WASH, primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
ZOA is looking for a:
Project Coordinator – SUPREME (1 position) for West Nile
About the position
The Project Coordinator, with support from the Project or Programme Manager, is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing the activities of the specific ZOA project(s) assigned to him/her.
- The Project Coordinator will take lead in identifying, coordinating and supporting linkages between Savings and Development Clusters (SDCs) and the market; in addition to coaching SDCs in setting up viable businesses
Tasks, responsibilities, results
- Implements project activities in relation to the project proposal to achieve optimal project outputs and outcomes in line with ZOA/donor procedures and targets;
- Supports Project field team members (SPOs) and possible community volunteers/Village Agents in day to day implementation;
- Strengthens the culture of innovativeness among the field staff;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the project.
- Provide timely and accurate written monthly reports;
- Identify, document lessons learned and best practices;
- Prepare and submit well written success stories;
- Contribute to annual reports and implementation plans;
- Organize efficient and effective monitoring and data recording systems of activities in the project;
- Provide verbal and written reports to ZOA management when required;
- Ensure timely data collection and entering in to the data base for easy retrieval.
Representation and coordination
- Actively participate in the required and relevant technical working groups;
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings concerning the project.
Human Resource Management
- Ensure the staff under supervision have weekly and monthly targets;
- Conduct weekly or monthly meeting to achieve targets;
- Conduct staff appraisal/evaluation as per ZOA’s policy;
- Provide technical support through coaching and mentorship of staff for quality implementation of project activities.
Procurement and finance
- Initiate timely purchase requisition of project goods/services;
- Ensure expenses are in line with approved budget;
- Provide appropriate codes for expenses.
- Local government actors and relevant district offices;
- OPM, UNHCR and other NGO partners;
- (if applicable) Lead and co-implementing partners under the project(s);
- Key project specific sector actors.
- ZOA Management;
- Members of the project team (Coordinator, Senior Project Officers);
- Other project teams;
- Support staff.
Senior Project Officers and other staff as assigned
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree in Agricultural Sciences (Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental science) or related field in natural sciences).
- Knowledge of rural agriculture models such as Enabling Rural Innovation/Participatory Agro-Enterprise Development, Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration or Gender Action Learning System is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years successful experience in a supervisory position implementing related projects.
- Management and staff supervision experience of at least 3 staff.
- Working experience in a humanitarian setting is an added advantage.
- Experience with large project funded by institutional donors is an added advantage.
- Understanding of the local context, culture, and languages is an added value.
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Good communication, writing and facilitation skills.
- Innovative, creative, and enthusiastic.
- Provides regular feedback, acknowledges success and the need for improvement with Supervisor.
- Coaches, challenges, and provides opportunities for growth.
- Good computer skills: MS Excel and MS Word.
- Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to drive a motorcycle with valid driving/riding license.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and innovative environment;
- Aims to integrate and reflect Christian values in relief and rehabilitation work.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the form below.
CV’s of no more than 2 pages in length and Cover Letter of 1 page are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.
Qualified female candidates and or individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.