This position is opened to ONLY national applicants and advertised nationwide.
Partner relations and project management:
- Responsible for overall management of the project including planning, management and implementation of project activities by close collaboration with partners against work plans and budgets of the project
- Liaison with project partners for day-to-day project coordination and on routine matters including planning, monitoring of project’s activities and implementation of joint activities (including strategy review meetings, and joint external events)
- Liaison with project partners and key allies for practical coordination and in relation to joint activities in the field of policy advocacy, MEAL activities and capacity building
- Responsible for Oxfam’s implementation of its activities against the project plan, and effective and timely monitoring and reporting.
- Appraise and support the development of project progress reports, ensure feedback to partner organisations & monitor agreements, and ensure registration and update in Oxfam’s administrative systems.
- Ensure that women’s rights are central to the project design and gender issues are addressed in programming and process as per Oxfam’s standard
- Financial monitoring and management of project’s budget
- Responsible for donor’s reporting and relations: project’s narrative, financial reports are prepared and submitted to donors according to reporting schedule as well as ensure that adequate and regular information is shared with donor
- Coordinate closely with EJ lead and strategic advisor to engage new partners and apprise their proposals for approval and provide feedback, Organise meetings on new proposals, budget development, etc.
- Actively engage in discussions with Oxfam Team, partners, regional team and other stakeholders on fostering external funding opportunities, developing new concepts and proposals when needed with partners and others.
- Initiate and play an active role in the development of project/programme budgets.
- Identify potential opportunities for local and regional co-operation and (back-donor) financing that contribute to the goals of Oxfam and develop and maintain partnerships. This includes the development and implementation of projects and programmes that (Potential) back-donors (could) finance.
Project Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning
- Coordinate closely with the Oxfam’s Programme Quality Team and th Economic Justice Lead on annual progress made against project’s annual plan. Effectively capture and communicate findings for a variety of audiences – Oxfam, partners, donors, etc.
- Undertake regular field visits as agreed upon by partners to project areas (including advocacy, research or monitoring purposes)
- In consultation with Oxfam team, initiate and facilitate activities concerning knowledge & information management with partners to strengthen the effectiveness and implementation of programmes and lessons learned.
- Facilitate the networking amongst the Oxfam Team, partners and relevant external actors like knowledge & research institutes and initiate and facilitate reports and any publications in this area.
Advocacy and Communications
- Work with the Economic Justice Lead, policy advisors and the Director of Advocacy and Communication in policy and advocacy related activities.
- Identify policy and advocacy priorities linked to the project such as land rights, agriculture and extractive with support from the project/research officer.
- Help ensure the inclusion of certain cross cutting issues and approaches such as gender justice and women’s rights in advocacy and activities of project related issues.
- Recruitment of local staff ensuring that they have the necessary induction, training and support as required.
- Manage the performance of line managed staff through objective setting, regular performance review, managing feedbacks and regular monitor performance development plans in line with Oxfam policies
- Support the continual professional development of all line managed staff, ensuring that appropriate support and development mechanisms are in place.
- Ensure attendance management of staff are in line with Oxfam HR policies.
Networking and Representation
- Represent Oxfam in various government, private sector and civil society fora and networks as relevant
- Feedback to EJ lead on the issues pertaining to land, agriculture and extractive issues which are related to project
For more information regarding the position, please have a look at the Job Profile here.
Skill and Competence:
- University degree in related field (political science, law, economics, rural development, anthropology)
- 5 years’ experience of program work, including planning, monitoring activities and filed experiences
- Proven experiences in local economic development, sustainable and responsible investment and livelihood issues, knowledge of rights-based programming
- Good assessment, analytical, MEAL, planning skills and project management stills to enable programme delivery
- Experiences of working with Myanmar NGOs, CSOs on land governance, responsible investment issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written Burmese and English
- Ability to follow and summarize internal meetings, and external events/meetings, in particular policy discussions (in writing or verbally)
- Commitment to Oxfam’s mission, vision and values.
- Knowledge and commitment to gender equality and women’s rights.
- Proven ability and aptitude to learn quickly and apply learning effectively.
- Capability of managing changes, result oriented and ability to produce high quality of work under pressure
- A team player, who works well in a multi-cultural environment, communicates readily and shares learning with colleagues, partners, beneficiaries and officials.
- Confidence to work alone but to judge when help is needed or there is an opportunity to share learning.
- Sound analytical and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills
What we offer:
Oxfam aims to recruit and retain diverse, passionate people who have the necessary skills, knowledge and commitment to meet our vision. We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
Find out more about our pay & benefits, please click here
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note to candidates:Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on our organisational values and attributes at the interview stage. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to adhere to our code of conduct. We encourage candidates to read and understand our code of conduct here.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organizations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
How to apply
How to apply:
To apply for this position please visit the following link;
https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/14346/description no later than 26 July 2021, 5 PM (Myanmar Time).