The Kofi Annan Foundation is looking to hire a project evaluator for the “Leading the way to Peace – Youth Together for Social Cohesion” project.
The Leading the way to Peace – Youth Together for Social Cohesion project aims to enhance Civil Society Organizations and youth capacities in their efforts to prevent violent extremism in urban settings in Pakistan, Bangladesh, and the Philippines.
The work is funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the Kofi Annan Foundation and its partners, the College of Youth Activism and Development (CYAAD) in Pakistan, Kristiyano-Islam Peace Library (KRIS) in the Philippines, the Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF) and its local partner – Rupantar in Bangladesh. The project lasts for 24 months and is due to finish on 31 January 2022.
The evaluation will take place towards the end of the project, from late October to early November 2021, to effectively assess the project impact.
Summary of the role and expectations:
The project evaluator must assess the progress, achievements, and challenges of the Leading the way to Peace – Youth Together for Social Cohesion project.
The final evaluation report must analyse the effectiveness of the project strategies to achieve the intended outcomes and provide recommendations for maximising the impact and achievement of the specific outcomes.
The four partners will use the final evaluation report to develop further action in the region and beyond.
- Experience in evaluating programmes or projects that seek to build peace and/or prevent violent extremism and of their specific sensitive and security-relevant nature
- A proven record of delivering professional outputs against Terms of Reference;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with programmes or projects that aim to Prevent and Counter Violent Extremism (P/CVE);
- Experience working in the South and/or Southeast Asia region;
- Advanced command of English; knowledge of Urdu, Filipino and/or Bengali is considered an advantage;
- Good drafting and excellent writing skills;
The evaluation itself (review of documents; interviews and report writing) is envisaged to take a maximum of 28 days. This will include a visit to two of the three countries of the project. The evaluator will submit a draft report within 10 days of completing the fieldwork.
For the full terms of reference click here.
How to apply
Applications must be sent in English to HR@kofiannanfoundation.org by 23:59 CEST, Sunday 15 August 2021 and include the following:
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages) detailing relevant previous experience of evaluation and knowledge of the region;
- A sample of a previous evaluation report, when possible;
- Financial offer expressed as fee/per day in EUR;
- 3 references.
- Only applications received before the deadline and conforming to the requirements set out above will be considered.
- Applicants will be contacted only if they are shortlisted.