Planning, coordinating and implementing HR, Admin and Financial activities and policies in the project according to legal obligations and protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the project and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives.
The position is based inside North Syria to follow up all the administrative (finance, HR, admin) activities as well with ability to move toward Turkey for project – coordination level meetings.
In his various fields of intervention, the project administration manager has to ensure;
- Respect for the rules and procedures decided by partners for the country
- Efficient running and organization of resources in the field
- Follow up of the use of means (expenses and commitments)
• In close coordination with the Project Coordinator (PC) and the HR Manager, calculating, analysing and monitoring the project’s HR and Financial operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the project and proper allocation of funds according to funding contracts. Proposing corrective actions when required.
• Planning, supervising and ensuring the implementation of, in close coordination with the HRM, the associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing, induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the project staff in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Supporting the project line managers in said processes in order to improve staff capabilities, their end results contribution to mission goals and to boost their active participation and commitment.
• Advising on set-up and updating the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions and assisting the PC, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities
• Ensuring hiring, amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level are according to local labour laws. Archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance. In close collaboration with the PC and HRM, looking for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project
• Supervising/performing payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of the project national employees are correctly recorded (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments. Ensuring the indexation process of the national staff salary grids are in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites
• In close collaboration with the PC and HRM, implementing the administrative procedures of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between partners.
• Implementing circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank reconciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
• Implementing and supervising transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place. Ensuring and controlling the monthly and yearly accountancy closure and all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (accounting software monthly closure, sitreps, etc.)
• Being responsible for all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Project
Objective: guaranteeing the application of money security rules, respect for procedures and readability of expenditure in the mission.
- Implementing procedures: money security (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances), expenses’ commitments (purchase procedures, validation and organization of payments, follow up of regular payments)
- Implementing the country allocation guide (accounting, project and analytical points’ codes)
- Managing cash boxes and banks
- Recording accounts (himself or delegating to an assistant administrator), filing accounting documents and undertaking the monthly field closure, sending it on to the capital
- Receiving corrected accounts from the capital, analyzing the disparities, taking corrective action
II. Managing the treasury
Objective: Permanently ensuring the treasury levels required for the running of operations
- Following up bank balances and cash boxes in the project
- Knowing the national supply circuit, analyzing the risks
- Anticipating the expenses and requesting the monthly treasury
- Proposing the minimum balance required for each cash box and bank in the project
III. General management of means
Objective: setting up the necessary elements for following up the use of material resources
- Managing properties and vehicles (choices, organization, contracts, administration, insurance, etc.)
- Participating in drawing up a supply framework for the field
- Collecting and analyzing information on non-budgetary management (activities, consummation, donations, etc)
- Together with the coordinators, creating and analyzing the indicators for human resources management
- Keeping the mission’s administrative archives up to date
IV. Budgetary management
Objective: Translating all information relating to means into budgetary form
- Collecting all necessary information concerning activities and resources for each defined activity
- Under the responsibility of the HRM and the Project Coordinator, participating in the set out and budgetary translation of elements for human resources management
- Together with the Project Coordinator, analyzing the general and specific monthly budgetary follow up (analytical points), raising the alert if necessary, proposing corrective action and report them.
V. Administrative management of national personnel
- Following up and updating personnel’s pay and files
- Responsible for monthly payroll of personnel
- Following local inflation
- Under the responsibility of the HRM, monitoring the diffusion of HR reference documents to national and international personnel and ensuring respect for the principles they contain (interior regulations, procedure for the management of abuse, etc.)
V. Qualitative management of personnel
- Updating organization charts
- Helping with the drafting of job descriptions and ensuring they are kept updated
- Planning reviews
- Ensuring teams have access to the necessary documents for carrying out reviews
Internal communication and representation of personnel
- Organizing personnel meetings
- Helping with recruitment and support for coordinators
- Education : Degree in finance, management (business, HR) or administration***
Experence : (Essental) – Working experience of at least 2 years in relevant and similar jobs (Desirable) – Working with other NGOs in developping countries
Languages : English and Arabic (Turkish advantegeous)
Knowledge : ***Computer literacy (MS Office) HR and Finance softwares
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to IBC Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3
How to apply
- Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualifications should submit the application form here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UWGNMLM8WCmPLsqdjkrIQrREmxepQdoGwPCMDixmFxg/edit?usp=sharing by uploading English CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest for the position no later than June 30,2021.
Applications by phone will not be accepted.
The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration.
Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for interview.