Presentation of the project
This project will be implemented in Sinjar area, as a second phase of a similar project and will target 200 rural households under a CDCS funding through a voucher scheme and 100 to 150 households through animal health services.
Through the design of a digital catalogue of input, equipment and services, targeted households will receive support to relaunch their agricultural activities. Some households will also be given the opportunity to access quality animal health services through the deployment of a mobile veterinary clinic and support to existing veterinary clinics.
Under the direct responsibility of the Field Coordinator Ninewa based in Mosul and the functional supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Project Manager is in charge of the overall implementation of the activities falling under TGH responsibilities. The position includes, among other responsibilities, human resources management, internal and external coordination, reporting, planning of activities and purchases.
The main responsibilities include:
- She/he ensures the proper implementation, supervision, monitoring, reporting of the different components of the project
- She/he is in charge of managing the HR dedicated to the project.
- She/he conducts frequent field visits to plan and monitor the implementation of the activities.
Project Knowledge Creation
- She/he contributes to the project knowledge creation through the writing of activity sheets, design of relevant documentations; with the support of HQ FSL Technical Department
- She/he carries out regular analysis of the relevance of the project scheme and suggests adaptation when needed.
Logistics and administration
- She/he makes sure that logistical, administrative and financial procedures linked to the project implementation are established and alerts her/his superiors if gaps are observed so that corrective action may be taken.
- She/ he anticipates the logistics (procurements; purchase, vehicles, etc.), Administrative and Financial needs related to the project (recruitments, payments, cash requests, etc.) related to the project.
- She/he participates in internal coordination meetings and communicates regularly with the Program Coordinator and the Field Coordinator.
- She/he communicates regularly with HQ FSL Technical Department on the project evolution, the technical problems faced, the potential risks and proposes solutions.
- She/he is involved in providing relevant communication on the project (pictures, video, success stories etc.)
Representation and external coordination
- She/he represents the association as required with donors, partners, local authorities (Department of Agriculture, Department of Water Resources, Muktars, Mayors, etc.) and stakeholders involved in the implementation of the project.
- She/he especially maintains good relationship with other UN and NGO actors.
- She/he ensures regular presence in UN-led Food Security and Livelihoods clusters
- She/he writes donor narrative reports and internal reports, including monthly follow up of the project.
- She/he is in charge of gathering data, analyzing them to describe contractual indicators.
- She/he contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to the field coordinator.
- She/he participates to need assessments according to the needs and mission strategy discussed with HQ
- She/he contributes to the development of new interventions based on identified needs, linked to the FSL sectors and areas of the projects.
- She/he analyzes, collects relevant information linked to the FSL situation in the country and identifies key trends in collaboration with her/his colleagues and headquarters.
- She/he meets with potential local partners (NGOs).
This list of responsibilities could be modified according to the needs in the field.
Educational background and experiences
- Experience with a voucher scheme project a strong asset
- Postgraduate diploma in agriculture, agronomy, agricultural development or related field
- At least one experience in the field as Project Manager in FSL or Cash Based Transfer projects
- Experience in conflict area / post-emergency contexts desired.
- Strong communication, analysis and reporting skills
- Willingness to work in complex and volatile environments.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of project cycle management and tools
- Management qualities
- Skills in transfer of competences and logistic
- Fluent English and French mandatory (oral and written); Arabic a strong asset;
- Computer skills (including Excel and Word)
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Pro activity and flexibility
- Autonomy and sense of team working
- Adaptation capacities to dynamic context
Country: Iraq – Based in Sinjar with frequent travel to Mosul
Duration: 12 months – from August 2021
Conditions: : Salaried contract, gross monthly salary from €1’900 to €2’600 depending on experience, monthly per diem 650 USD, medical coverage of 100% + repatriation insurance + provident fund, accommodation, international and local transportation as part of the mission, break every 3 months.
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Amandine RUINART, HR officer: