IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association
Deadline for applications: 01/02/2022
Position: Project Manager.
Working Area: Office.
About: IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association:
IYD is a Turkish, non-governmental, non-profit and has no political association working in various fields of humanitarian relief, development, and education.
IYD was established early 2013 in Turkey.
IYD was registered in 2014 with a license No. (34-203/022) and it has been working according to Turkish Organizations Law No. /5253/ under the name: ULUSLARARASI INSANI YARDIMLAŞMA DERNEĞI
IYD’s office are spread throughout Turkey and Syria as following:
- Turkey: Istanbul – Gaziantep.
- Syria: Aleppo – Idleb.
In science and work, pioneers in developing ways of life to draw smiles and instill hope.
To provide the best services to develop the affected societies, meeting the basic needs according to the international standards and within a unique ethical methodology.
- Respecting others
IYD strategic goals:
- Working on ensuring a decent life for all the affected people.
- Rehabilitation and construction of the damaged infrastructure.
- Securing the daily basic needs.
- Raising and revitalizing the capacities of the Syrian Civil Society.
Job Title: Project Manager.
Project / Department Title: ERL
Direct supervisor / Reports to: Program Manager
To be responsible for all project implementation steps and their technical aspects based on the work plan, including the preparation, planning, organization, coordination, and relations with related UN clusters, donor, LCs, NGOs, INGOs, and all potential stakeholders in addition to support departments. Furthermore, he/she will be a line manager for HQ project officers and present IYD in the available clusters, platforms, and donors as well as ensure documentation of all activities in the project.
- Continuously monitor and supervise the integrated project activities including shelter activities (Camp rehabilitation, drainage system, dignified shelter, graveling and others) as well as ERL activities (CFW, vocational training, entrepreneurship development, income generation activities, road asphalting and graveling, and infrastructure rehabilitation activities) in order to meet its objectives.
- Supervision of project’s implementation and commit to the work plan, budget, and logical loge frame.
- Reporting of the project activities to line manager and donor.
- Preparing necessary project documentation structure, monitoring project activities and preparing monthly and ad-hoc narrative reports with high quality as well as technical reports.
- Leading the project staff in HQ and field and providing technical support for the staff to ensure the capacity building during the project life.
- Providing technical support for the program manager and the supporting departments to develop the specification and BoQs for any needed goods to be procured.
- Ensure projects technical implementation with high quality while conducting graveling, asphalting, camps rehabilitation, and infrastructure rehabilitation.
- Actively communicate and present IYD with counterpart donors during meetings, related UN cluster meetings, and any other ad-hoc meeting. Additionally, prepare presentations where possible and present them on the available platforms.
- Ensure high quality of managing the budget and other administrative points based on IYD’s policies.
Qualification (Education – Work Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, and equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in relevant ERL projects.
- Excellent knowledge of the Humanitarian Reform process and the role of the humanitarian community (UN System and NGO).
- Remote management skills and experience in project management.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint in a professional way.
- Master’s degree in business development or any other related field.
- PMP or PMD certificate holder.
Core, Managerial and Technical Competencies:
- Planning and Organising
- Stakeholder Orientation
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technological Awareness
Supervisory – Managerial Competencies:
- Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Judgment and Decision-making.
- Empowering Others
- Strong knowledge in reporting.
- Strong knowledge in the project management cycle.
How to apply
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration
We are strongly encouraging females to apply for this position.
Compliance to Anti-Harassment, PSEA, and Child Safeguarding:
- Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to IYD, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. IYD is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- IYD employees and related personnel must not under any circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside IYD.
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV only one time at a time).
- No resume will be reviewed after the specified date for receiving CV’s to the announced vacancy.
- IYD is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- IYD does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- IYD is not able to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
- IYD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.