Project Manager – Integrated Health, Nutrition and Child Protection (BHA)
The BHA project Manager will oversee the implementation of the Save the Children’s integrated Health, Nutrition and child protection (BHA) project in Akobo County, She/he will work closely and in consultation with Health Program Manager, Nutrition program manager, Child protection Coordinator, WASH Coordinator and field based program staff in the implementation of the BHA funded integrated health, nutrition, WASH and child protection interventions.
Responsibilities will also include follow up on project reports and ensuring BHA project are implemented in accordance to the agreed contracts and budgets, and safely and security of the staff. S/he will work under the supervision of Head of Programme Implementation – Jonglei & Upper Nile and technical support of Health /Nutrition TS and CP technical specialist and in close coordination and collaboration with Ministry of Health and gender authorities, S/he will also provide technical support to the field staff regarding Save the Children BHA project with support from the Health, Nutrition and Child protection manager’s. S/he will coordinate and support the field based Health and Nutrition Assistant Project Managers.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Social Science or related training such as Monitoring and Evaluation, Project design, development and management
- Experience in managing USAID projects
- At least 3 years’ experience working in integrated project management in community-based health and Nutrition programming.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in management position in an International Non-Governmental Organization.
- Capacity to implement a both facility (PHC) and community-based health and nutrition programs and ensuring effective linkage between them.
- Experience with the Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI)
- Experience working with communities of diverse cultural practices and low literacy levels.
- Computer literacy with advanced word processing, spreadsheet and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational, budget, project management, communication and writing skills.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate staff.
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing issues.
- Experience of establishing strong and constructive working relationships with colleagues from different functions and organizations.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of community-based health programs.
- Ability to frequently travel to the field sites and work in hardship, insecure remote and non-accompanied locations.
- Commitment to the values and principles of Save the Children.
- Previous experience working in South Sudan
- Familiarity with communication protocols in security sensitive locations including radio communication protocol.
Contract Duration: One Year
Location: South Sudan- Walgak
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bS5rdW1ib21id2UuNTIyOTIuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t