Terre des hommes Foundation (Lausanne) is in search for a qualified Child Protection/Gender Based-Violence Project Manager, based in Beirut.
The Child Protection/Gender Based-Violence Project Manager is in charge to ensure an accurate, proper, timely and high-quality implementation of project under Migration and Access to Justice Programmes in the Tdh delegation in Lebanon.
S/he is in charge to ensure an accurate, proper, timely and high-quality implementation of a twelve-month project, focusing on provision of prevention and response child protection and gender based-violence services and activities for adolescents’ girls and young women exposed to child and early marriage.
The main tasks of this function are: Team Management, Projects Cycle Management, Coordination with SDCs, Municipalities and other actors, (I)NGOs, Coordination and close follow up with the local partner, Representation in local meetings, Ensuring Security and Safety in the field, in addition to budget and procurement follow up, implementation of activities, and programme development and reporting.**
The position reports to the Migration/Access to Justice Program Manager and is in charge of overseeing all the projects of the organization in South, Beirut, M. Lebanon, Bekaa and Baalbek.
· Directly supervise 19 child protection field staff who will be based in Beirut, M. Lebanon, Bekaa and Baalbek.
· Develop, monitor, and supervise the work plans of the staff.
· Ensure that there is daily support and capacity building of Tdh’s staff in cooperation with Technical Unit.
· Encourage effective teamwork, especially between Tdh staff who will work in different regions or the mobile units.
· Evaluate the staff under her/his direct responsibility on a regular basis and pass on the evaluations and recommendations to the Program Manager.
· Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Terre des hommes Lebanon. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Tdh’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Communicate these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Project Management Cycle:
· Oversee the planning and implementation of the project through the management and supervision of the associated resources in her/his team.
· Supervise proper implementation at project level of the M&E system. Ensure systematic analysis of the data provided by the M&E team.
· In collaboration with the M&E department, contribute to the reporting on the project success, as measured by expected outcomes and indicators.
· In collaboration with Program Manager, M&E department and support of field staff, ensure the systematic, documented protection monitoring reports.
· In collaboration with the Admin. & Finance Department, ensure the correct financial management of projects or activities under her/his project and the funds available for them. Guarantees a monthly tracking of budgets, proper budget forecast and local partners budget follow up.
· In collaboration with all other departments, contribute actively to prepare narrative, statistical and financial reports for donors as required, in a timely manner.
· In collaboration with the Communication Officer, guarantee a correct communication plan and visibility of the project. Produce, jointly, awareness/advocacy documents and messages.
· In collaboration with the Communication Officer and Program Coordinator, contribute actively to draft articles or required internal reports on the project’s activities for the delegation and HQ.
· Ensure and monitoring the daily and weekly reporting of the staff;
· Submitting monthly and quarterly reports according to donor’s requirements;
· Guarantee the quality of project reports (including the midterm and annually project reports);
· Coordinate the reporting with the local partner and provide constant support and follow up.
· Ensure the active participation in capitalization excercises;
· Ensure coordination and close communication with M&E and Finance Departments
· Ensure budget follow up and forecast on monthly, quarterly and annually levels;
· Check and validate the funding requests from the members of his/her team according to available resources;
· Participate in quarterly financial reviews for both Tdh and local partner;
· Follow-up in close relationship with the Finance Manager and Project Manager of the local partner.
Representation & Coordination with other actors:
· Within its field of activity, strengthens the relationship with the rest of (I)NGOs and local organizations in the area of operation;
· In agreement with the Programme Manager, Programme Coordinator and Country Delegate ensure Terre des hommes is represented in all relevant working groups and in front of the authorities;
· In general, make sure that a positive and professional image of the Foundation is conveyed. In particular, ensure that the Foundation’s mandate, thematic policies, ethics, values and views are followed in relation to third parties;
· Foster the correct communication and visibility of the project and the foundation;
· Ensure coordination and common approach with the local partner;
Security & Safety:
· In emergencies, coordinate with all the agencies and responsible actors in the areas of operation in order to align with security and safety measures;
· Ensure coordination with the Programme Manager and Country Delegation on Security and Safety aspects;
· Be responsible for the daily safety and security of your team by conducting effective and responsible assessments;
· Contribute in the development of security plans.
· Respect the Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct (GCD), Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy (PSEA) and Policy on Gender and Diversity and its principles of child protection, ensuring the policy’s implementation and prompt notification of the CSP/PSEA Focal Point with any information regarding potential breaches of the policy;
· Is aware of, abide by and promote the practices and values set out in all other Tdh policies and procedures such as the Internal Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and other policies;
· Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job;
· Academic Background: Bachelor’s Degree in Humanitarian/NGO management; International Development; Social and Human Sciences, Studies related to Child Protection, Gender Based Violence, Gender Studies, Psychology, Social Work, Anthropology etc. Master’s degree will be an asset.
· Experience: At least 3 years of professional experience in similar position of the Project Manager/Field or Area Coordinator.
o Previous relevant experience and extensive knowledge on Child Protection and/or Gender Based Violence.
o Professional experience of at least 2 years in team management.
o Experience in coordinating and working with local actors, local authorities (SDCs, Municipalities);
o Experience working or collaborating with national and local NGOs in Lebanon.
o Knowledge in project cycle management;
o Experience in data analysis, with budgets and budgeting.
· Others personal abilities:
o Fluency in English and Arabic are mandatory. Excellent written skills in English.
o Time management skills, ability to meet deadlines, multi-tasking, prioritization of tasks, and working under pressure.
o Resourceful who likes to address challenges.
o Communication of professional needs in a clear, concise and responsible manner.
o Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
o Tolerance and acceptance of diversity.
o Flexibility and strong adaptation skills.
o Computer literacy: Microsoft office
Location/Travel: Based in Beirut with weekly travel to Bekaa and Baalbek.
Tdh Foundation, Lausanne has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff.
How to apply
The deadline for submission of CV and Motivation letter is August 18th2021. The interested applicants should send their CV to the following email email@example.com, mentioning the title of the position in the subject line. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Written Technical Test are required at the next phase of recruitment, while the shortlisted candidates will also have a panel interview with the Technical team and HR.
Hiring is subject to project and budget final confirmation.