BINAA is a non-profit non-governmental organization that has been registered in Turkey since 2014. BINAA’s mission is to support and empower individuals and communities that are inflicted by conflicts to gain safe and respectable lives.
BINAA strives to be a pioneering regional humanitarian organization. BINAA works hard so those who are inflicted by conflicts have better lives and a secure future through providing them the most innovative and efficient services in the fields of development, education, restructuring, and relief within a professional and attractive work environment.
BINAA conducts its work with its values of quality, accountability, collaboration, respect, efficiency, and continuous development.
BINAA is looking for a Project Officer, based in Gaziantep/Turkey, to support the project managers in planning and implementing, and supervision of all assigned projects in Syria and ensure their execution within time, budget and quality.
- Prepare the project implementation plan in cooperation with Project Managers and the implementation team.
- Supervise the implementation of projects and activities on a daily manner. This includes directing activities, avoiding mistakes, and receiving and submitting project reports.
- Prepare the reports to be reviewed and developed by the project managers to be submitted to donors. These could include daily, weekly, quarterly, progress, and final reports.
- Lead the field team and follow up the implementation of activities with them.
- Follow-up with other departments in relation to projects activities.
- Prepare weekly implementation work plans and follow up the implementation with the field team.
- Participate in the offers opening, and procurement committee to evaluate the competing bids and help choose the winning bid.
- Support the project managers in following up on the project agreement conditions.
- Prepare the detailed BOQ (Bill of Quantities) technical conditions and handing them over to the procurement department.
- Support the Project managers in preparation of project proposals based on the technical and humanitarian needs assessment conducted by the field team.
- Represent BINAA and the financial department and ensure effective participation in meetings and workshops with partners, donors, and other parties.
- Ensure all activities are well documented by collecting and archiving proof of receipt and proof of beneficiaries’ identities.
Note: the above-mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones, another future responsibility /accountability may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
· Bachelor’s degree, Engineering/administrative field is preferred.
· Ability to prepare and review high quality reports.
· Advanced understanding of accountability principles, gender, age, diversity, protection, human vulnerability and other cross-cutting issues.
· Advanced skills in the English language.
· A minimum of one-years’ experience in a similar position.
· A minimum of 2-years’ experience in humanitarian work, and principles, donors’ policies and procedures and NGO’s clusters.
· Advanced information management skills.
· Advanced knowledge of different data collection methodologies.
· Pre-intermediate skills in the Turkish language.
· Three years of experience in humanitarian work, and principles, donors’ policies and
procedures and NGO’s clusters.
A. Technical Competencies (TC):
· Basic knowledge in preparation BoQs (Bill of Quantities)
· Basic knowledge in quantities calculation
· Good skills in reporting and Power BI.
· Advanced level in Excel, Outlook, Word
· Remote management tools and techniques.
· Basic knowledge in Google Earth and QGIS applications.
B. Core Competencies (CC):
· Stakeholder Orientation.
· Planning and organizing
· Commitment to continuous learning
· Technological awareness
§ Residence permit in Turkey (Applicants with Turkish nationality will be prioritized)
§ BINAA expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. BINAA’s employees, related personnel, and accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, BINAA’s Code of Conduct, and the core principles relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
§ BINAA organization believes in the principle of equal opportunities, and their staff are chosen based on competencies without any distinction between people
How to apply
How to apply
Please fill in the application form including your CV and cover letter in the following link: