Job posting – Project Supervisor
Do you have experience with qualitative data collection, conducting interviews and focus group discussions? Do you have experience working with youth in a Jordanian context? Do you have experience with facilitating workshops/courses? Can you work fluently in Arabic as well as in English?
If you can reply yes to the above then maybe you are our new Project Supervisor.
About us: The University of Copenhagen and Turning Tables are both Denmark based institutions who have joined forces in pursuit of data collection for two projects that are currently being implemented, both funded by the Novo Nordisk Foundation (https://novonordiskfonden.dk/en/. We are looking for a skilled Project Supervisor, who will be working with tasks related to data collection for both projects.
About you: We are looking for a Project Supervisor who has solid experience with qualitative data methods and who is experienced in facilitating training courses. You have good organizational skills and can manage and facilitate data collection in two different locations in Jordan (As Salt and East Amman).
Key responsibilities for the University of Copenhagen:
● Assistance in identifying interviewers for the project
● Co-Management of 36 interviewers in the field, East Amman and As Salt
● Preparing and conducting a 10-day training of data collectors in research methods as well as a mid-term stock taking/lessons learned workshop for all data collectors.
● Preparing and executing two evaluation workshops at the end of the two project cycles
Key responsibilities for Turning Tables:
● Preparing questionnaires and interview guides for qualitative interviews in collaboration with TT staff (9 specific interview guides targeting data collection for various CLIQ project activities are foreseen)
● Collecting qualitative field data through conducting interviews and FGDs.
● Translating questionnaires and interview guides from English to Arabic and translating collected data from Arabic to English.
● Data analysis and reporting- summarizing interview findings in English
● Contribute to the narrative report to the donor, hereunder documenting methodology applied for ensuring sound data collection from amongst the interviewees and reflecting on lessons learned
It is envisioned that the Project Supervisor will distribute his/her time by 70% for the KU project and 30 % of his/her time for the TT project.
● Ability to travel to remote locations in Jordan
● Professional fluency in Arabic and English
● University Degree within social sciences or similar field
● Professional experience with project management at mid to senior level.
● Min. 3 years of experience with M&E and data collection, especially conducting and analysing qualitative interviews and focus group discussions.
● Teaching and facilitation experience required
● Experience working with youth is an asset
● Work permit allowing you to work in Jordan
● One year contract at competitive level from 1st June 2021 (or soonest hereafter) – 31st May 2022
● COVID tests and insurance
● Transport remuneration
The position is full time, 40 hours/week, based at Turning Table’s office in Amman with the potential of home-based work in light of Covid19 restrictions.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter one PDF document to the following e-mail address:
Deadline: 4th May 2021, midnight Jordan time.**
For any questions, please also direct these to the email address above.
Interviews will be conducted in the period of 10-12th May 2021
We believe in equality and equal opportunities for all and encourage anyone to apply irrespective of race, gender or disabilities