She is responsible for the planning and implementation of the training strategy for women survivors of GBV, including boys, girls and female adolescents, as well as the development of recreational-educational activities under the survivor-centered approach and with a human rights and gender perspective.
You should learn about issues of gender violence, migration, human trafficking, have sensitivity on these issues, and share the values of the institution.
Among the skills you must possess to occupy the position are the following: active listening, being proactive, having initiative, creativity, and skills for teamwork and crisis response capacity.
Cesvi is a secular and independent association founded in Italy in 1985 that works for global solidarity and the ideal of social justice through humanitarian development actions. The same name CESVI, Cooperazione e Sviluppo ( Cooperation and Development ), expresses its philosophy of action, based on promoting the role of its beneficiaries in favor of their own progress, so that international aid is not reduced to temporary charitable action, but rather promotes a true sustainable development of the most needy populations.
Cesvi in Venezuela
Since 2019, Cesvi has been working in Venezuela with initiatives in the field of protection of children and women in high vulnerability, including survivors of sexual abuse and exploitation. Starting in 2021, Cesvi began to implement projects financed by the Country Humanitarian Fund in communities in Caracas.
During 2022-23, Cesvi will implement the “ Multisectoral Humanitarian Assistance project to meet the urgent needs of the most vulnerable people in Venezuela ”, which aims to strengthen the availability of protection services, primary health and humanitarian assistance to the most vulnerable people and communities affected by the crisis. Cesvi will carry out its activities in the State of Zulia, based in Maracaibo.
To meet these objectives, the formation of a high-level technical team capable of giving effective responses to the populations served during case management is required; for that purpose, Cesvi is looking for an Educator-Psychopedagogue to guide and implement the process and design of action plans aimed at providing a timely and effective response to women survivors of VBG, VSBG and children and adolescents at risk of protection.
Description of functions
- Design the pedagogical intervention plan for women survivors of VBG and their sons and daughters, under the person-centered approach.
- Implement the development of recreational-educational activities for women survivors of VBG and their sons and daughters, which promote experiential learning.
- Ensure monitoring of VBG survivor / victim skills training and strengthening activities and their sons and daughters.
- Prepare the playful-educational file of the surviving people served by the service, compiling the documents of their educational trajectory, which includes the pedagogical intervention plan, diagnostic printing and recommendations. Said file must facilitate entry or continuity to school systems, depending on the cases they apply.
- Plan, facilitate and evaluate group work on gender and violence, empowerment and other associated issues.
- Accompany survivors / victims and their sons and daughters in individual and group dynamics and processes that allow overcoming the situation of violence and accompanying integration processes.
- Plan, facilitate and evaluate educational-recreational programs aimed at boys and girls affected by gender-based violence.
- Exchange with the technical team the diagnostic impression on the evolution of survivors / victims and their family group, in order to strengthen and / or modify intervention plans, with the guidance of the clinical psychologist.
- Organize recreational and recreational activities that help develop social and communication skills
- Support the multidisciplinary team in the design and delivery of courses related to human rights, health care, sexual education, childcare, and non-violent conflict resolution.
- Participate in case assessment meetings and support for the reconstruction of the victims / survivors life project.
- Prepare reports and fill out the necessary formats, linked to its functions.
- Any other function linked to the position.
- Support in the preparation and review of informative material, in the area of its competence.
- Prepare statistical and / or management reports, according to the requirements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and final reports on the status of the component’s implementation, within the deadlines set in the work plan.
- Participate in team and supervision meetings.
- Participate in the processes of formation and exchange of experiences to which they are summoned.
- The other functions assigned to him by his immediate superior and that are related to the nature of the position.
University graduate in Psychopedagogy, Social Work, Anthropology, Sociology, or related career.
Knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as promoters, in pedagogical and recreational support with women, boys and girls affected by gender-based violence.
- Sensitized in the management of cases of violence against women based on gender.
- Have approved a clinical interview with psychological tests
- Propositional and proactive attitude.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a culturally diverse team.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with colleagues, partners, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ease of work in complex contexts.
- Solid Microsoft Office Package domain ( will be assessed in technical test ).
- Work experience.
- Experience dealing with culturally diverse people
- Experience in the humanitarian context and knowledge of the country’s humanitarian architecture.
The position is exclusive for Venezuelan people or with valid documentation to work in the country.
- Location: Coro, Venezuela.
- Modality: Professional fees. Hours available.
- Contract duration: Until May 31, 2024: 2-month trial period.
- Expected start date: 10/02/2023
How to apply
Applicants must send:
or Updated curriculum vitae ( maximum three pages )
or Presentation letter, including salary expectation ( maximum two pages ).
To the address firstname.lastname@example.org with the object “Psychopedagogue – Falcon”. Emails with objects or documents other than what is indicated will not be taken into account.
Applications close at 12.00pm 09/22/2023.
Refrain from applying if your profile does not fit the essential attributes requested for this role. The shortlisted candidates will be called for a technical test.
For more information on Cesvi, see our website http://www.cesvi.org
Cesvi has a zero tolerance approach to any harm or exploitation of a vulnerable child or adult by any of our employees, related persons or partners.
Cesvi’s commitment to being a secure organization begins with the staff recruitment process, which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal background checks or verification of the disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure the protection of children and vulnerable people and to prevent abuse. Security controls are part of the performance of the selection process.