Prosecution Technical Specialist,
For the Protection of Human Rights & Environmental Defenders and Journalists,
Mexico City, Mexico
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
This USAID activity, Por la Protección de Defensores y Periodistas (PDP)/For the Protection of Human Rights & Environmental Defenders and Journalists, will seek to improve the capacity of the Government of Mexico and non-state organizations to prevent and to counter violence and threats against human rights advocates, environmental defenders, and journalists in Mexico. The project will support five target states in Mexico, along with indirect assistance to four additional states, as possible.
**Please note: Only Mexican citizens are eligible for this position
The Prosecution Technical Specialist will offer expertise regarding the prosecution of crimes against journalists, human rights defenders and environmental advocates. The Specialist will advise on the design, implementation, and improvement of programming meant to improve the quality and quantity of such prosecutions and to improve case processing protocols. This is a full-time, long-term technical assistance (LTTA) position.
- Provide technical support to PDP programming meant to enhance the prosecution of crimes against journalists, human rights defenders, and environmental defenders.
- Coordinate with grantees, partner organizations, and counterparts to design, implement, and revise prosecution-related programming.
- Offer subject matter expertise on prosecution, as it relates to PDP’s mission in the project’s target states.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- At minimum five years of experience in studying and enhancing prosecutorial systems, particularly as they relate to vulnerable demographics.
- Experience working with institutional partners to design, implement, and revise programming to improve prosecutorial or other legal sector outcomes.
- Experience working with CSOs and grantees is preferred.
- Experience working with international donor programming is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish and proficiency in English is required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com