World vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job Title: Public Engagement & Communications Manager
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
Job Purpose: The purpose of this position is to manage external field and media communications for World Vision’s Syria Response; to provide resources to enable the World Vision to appropriately engage with its various public engagement audiences in order to raise funds and the profile of the organization, and lead on media engagement regionally.
Strategy and management
· Support the Syria Response Advocacy and Communications Director with the strategic development and implementation of the Ignite Framework
· Manage the implementation of the Syria Response media and communications strategy in Syria, Jordan and Turkey with support from the Syria Response Advocacy and Communications Director.
· Develop and manage the annual communication plans in coordination with relevant members of the Advocacy and Communication Department and other WVSR departments
· Build relationships with relevant communication actors (media, donors, UN humanitarian, local actors) who reach out to World Vision for inputs and opinion as a valuable expert on matters of protection of children and civilians.
· Develop and maintain professional relationships with the media and build relationships for different media houses in Syria, Jordan and Turkey.
· Ensure that World Vision Syria Response field staff are aware of and abide by the World Vision Media Engagement Policy, including organising media briefings for WVSR staff.
· Act as a spokesperson for Arabic media and international media when needed.
· Pitch ideas and press statements to Arabic and international media outlets based on WVSR field information, in coordination with the WVI communication team.
· Monitor news coverage concerning or affecting World Vision’s Syria Response including reports from Arabic language media outlets.
· Lead with the facilitation of media and VIP visits to project locations within the Syria Response together with the Advocacy and Communications Director.
· Act as the point of contact for World Vision Support Office communication and media teams in coordination with the Syria Response Communications Director.
· Draft press statements, media statements and reactive.
· – Lead on communication campaigns and plans with World Vision’s Global Centre and Support Offices to best represent the Syria Response and provide high quality content from the response countries for advocacy and fundraising purposes.
Capacity building and working with partners
· Develop and deliver on communication capacity building training in Arabic to World Vision’s implementing partner communications staff.
· -Strategically plan and improve the partners’ coordination, communication and support to facilitate high donor deliverables, supporting the Communications Coordinator.
· -Coordinate with the WVSR partnership manager to strategically plan for capacity building needs and develop appropriate materials for them.
· Manage all requests and updates from World Vision Support Offices on Content Flow and other communication coordination channels.
· -Keep abreast of all WVI visibility opportunities being an active member of the WVI MST groups and channels.
· -Manage the internal WVI communication, including newsletter, social media analysis reports and other impact metrics needed
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience;
· At least five years’ experience in communications or journalism with at least two years’ experience working within an INGO.
· Strong communication skills, ability to facilitate the collection of photo, video, story and social media resources.
· Ability to work in difficult, insecure and stressful conditions.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically, manage workload and meet deadlines.
· Proven field communications experience in emergency settings and/or fragile contexts.
· Proven ability to lead a team.
· Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification;
Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, media and communications or another related field
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
· Photography and filmmaking skills highly desirable
· Journalism experience is highly desirable
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement;
70% office work
30% field based
Language Requirements; Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English