ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. The commitment of ACTED and that if our teams is guided by 4 core values: (1) Responsibility: we ensure the efficient and responsible delivery of humanitarian aid with the means and the resources that have been entrusted to us. (2) Impact: we are committed to having the most sustainable impact for the communities and the people with whom we engage. (3) Enterprising-spirit: we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges. (4) Inspiration: we strive to inspire all those around us through our vision, values, approaches, choices, practice, actions and advocacy.
The Public Relations Officer is responsible for safety and security management in the operational area.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
- Under the direct supervision of Sub Area Coordinator and the Deputy Area Coordinator.
- Under the overall technical supervision of the Country Security Manager.
- Area / HUB Coordination
- Area / HUB FLATS team
- Area / HUB Program and AME teams.
- Area / HUB REACH – IMPACT
- ACTED Partners
- Local Authorities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full supervision of daily routine security issues, including following up with the security context, analyzing it, and specifying its impact on the NGO work, and taking the suitable decisions to reduce the impact on the NGO, it work, staff, and programs.
- Full supervision of Receptionists and Guards.
- Discovering the weakness points in the work of security department and offices and providing suggestions.
- Coordinating and organizing the safety trainings, which are held every six months.
- Ensuring that all new staff have received security induction upon joining ACTED.
- Sending a weekly report, which summarizes the security developments in the operational area, their impact on the NGO and the decisions which were made by the security department as reactions to these developments.
- Ensuring that all required safety equipment is provided to the NGO premises and that it is all up to date.
- Circulating security and context updates with recommendations
- Validating daily and weekly movement plans.
- Developing a network of communication with stakeholders and ensuring the continuity of good relationships between the NGO and stakeholders and coordinating with them, in regards to humanitarian principles and the NGO policy.
- Doing the required security assessments for the new operational areas
- Supervising the process of issuing ID cards of the NGO staff.
- Conducting a weekly security briefing for all staff
- Drafting security incidents reports
- A university degree in a relevant field or higher.
- Proven experience in public relation, liaison, safety, and security.
- Advanced reporting skills.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Highly familiar with the security situation in Syria.
- Highly familiar with MS office applications, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel in the operational area.
- A very good network of communication with stakeholders.
- Good command of English language, both spoken and written.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form by this link
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.