The Bonn International Center for Conversion (BICC) is an independent peace and conflict research institute based in Bonn, Germany. BICC is currently supporting the United Nations in the revision of its Integrated Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration Standards (IDDRS). As this support is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO), BICC is obliged to adhere to German procurement law and to execute this invitation to tender.
BICC will contract a consultant to revise the IDDRS 5.40 module on cross-border population movements.
Please read the detailed description of the aims, scope and timeline of the required services in the official Tender Letter and the Terms of Reference (ToR): tender.bicc.de – tender.bicc.de
Minimum requirements include:
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in international relations and/or development,
social science, peace and conflict studies or related field.
• Over 5 years of professional experience working on topics related to cross-
border population movements, foreign fighters and mercenaries.
• Knowledge of the new UN Approach to DDR and the Integrated DDR Standards
• Demonstrated research and policy development skills.
• Excellent analytical, research, writing and communication skills;
• Capacity to work in multicultural settings with interdisciplinary teams; consensus
and team building skills are also required.
• Proficiency in English and knowledge of other official UN languages, such as
French and Spanish desirable.
• Excellent drafting skills in English
• Proficiency in French and knowledge of other official UN languages, such as
Arabic, is desirable.
Each applicant shall provide:
• A written and signed offer based on the Terms of Reference, including the daily fee for a total of
• A motivational letter;
• A detailed CV (see minimum requirements) including a list of relevant projects
and publications ;
• A list of published articles;
• Two or more references including contact details.
How to apply
Deadline for submission:
18th August 2021
You may send the offer via email to email@example.com as a signed pdf document.
Any questions regarding the tendering process should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Offers that do not meet the formal requirements will not be considered.