Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
As a Mobile QA Engineer, you’ll be a key member of a growing team during an exciting time of ideation and innovation. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has a deep understanding of Mobile testing and automation frameworks, is a clear communicator across international and cross functional teams, and who is passionate about working on edtech products. This is an exciting opportunity to make a direct, tangible impact on PROMISE3’s trajectory to transform the holistic learning environment in 1,000 schools across 10 countries.
- Be responsible for the quality and stability of the PROMISE3 application during different stages of the development lifecycle
- Oversee running regression test plans on Android before every release
- Leverage emulators and different Android devices to comprehensively test across different screen size and device specs
- Analyze error trends to identify patterns and root cause systemic issues
- Review any new Functional Requirements and prepare Test Plans
- Review any Regression Testing scope and create Automation Test Plans for automation candidates
- Implement Automation Frameworks to scale end to end QA testing under the guidance of
- Implement and execute Component/Integration tests using standard Test Frameworks
- Work cross-functionally with teams to provide quick, real-time feedback of issues and their resolution
- Clearly communicate newly found issues and see them through to resolution and closure
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years professional experience testing, preferably with Android apps
- Experience maintaining and updating test plans/test suites in a fast paced feature changing environment
- Experience in various phases like Functional, Regression, System Integration Testing and UAT
- Programming or scripting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication across multiple channels of communication
- Proven experience of working effectively with different teams across multiple geographies
- Experience in Automation Testing with tools like Appium, Espresso, Selenium, Cucumber, QTP/UFT etc.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience testing features that are being A/B tested
- Interest in social service work or international development
- Product company experience
How to apply
Please complete this online application form.