Programme Advisor – Inclusion and gender
The Programme Advisor – Inclusion and gender will be part of the Programme Development and Quality Team and will work closely with the area offices, other TAs and the operation team. The Programme Advisor – Inclusion and gender will provide technical leadership to the Syria Response for integration and mainstreaming of protection, gender and inclusion considerations across sectors.
As integral part of the role, the advisor must be able to rapidly identify and anticipate problems and issues, help formulate strategic and programming priorities, and write and create products that represent assessments of complex issues under tight deadlines. Additionally, the programme advisor, as part of her/his programme development responsibilities will produce concept notes for projects and initiatives in line with SRO CSP and country annual priorities including contributing to sector strategy development, programme design, liaison with key donors and coordination with other implementing agencies.
Finally, the programme advisor will work closely with sector technical advisors (Education, CP, WASH, Public health/Nutrition, Durable Solutions, Mh-PSS) to ensure consistency and mainstreaming of protection and safe programming into programme design and implementation.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* At least 8 years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, nutrition and emergencies
* Recognized leadership role in the humanitarian protection relevant technical areas at both field and country level including technical experience in gender programmes, inclusion and SGBV
* Master’s degree in Social Sciences, in an area of social development
* Very good understanding of Syria context
* Experience in working with partner organizations in humanitarian or development settings
* Good analytical skills. Effective negotiator, with the ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector working
* Credibility to lobby, influence and represent Save the Children at all levels
* Resource management, training, capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
* Fluency in written and spoken English
* Language skills in Arabic
* Experience of contributing to successful funding proposals for donors
* Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWFyaWFtLjQwMTQ0LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ