Senior Education Technical Adviser
The overall responsibility of the Education TA is to provide technical expertise which enhances the quality of the Syria Response Office’s work in the education sector, with specific responsibility for strategic planning and programme development as well as quality assurance and knowledge management across the education portfolio. The work supports the consolidation and expansion (as feasible) of the existing education in emergency response inside Syria as well as the development of new programmes which address the longer term educational needs of Syrian children.
Programme development involves a leadership role in sector strategy development, programme design, proposal development, liaison with key donors and coordination with other implementing agencies. Expected to further develop multisectoral coordination and programming design within the SRO and externally.
Quality assurance and knowledge management requires a lead role in education specific MEAL and QA processes, as well as technical oversight of needs assessments and written reports for donors and other agencies. Quality assurance will also focus on Teacher Professional Development, Common Approach Development and implementation, ensuring technical value add for programming. The TA will also be responsible for coordinating and leading the Education Specialists in the Area Offices, with a concerted focus on technical capacity building.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* At least 5 to 9 years of work experience in Education and EiE programmes in both humanitarian and development contexts or fragile states
* Education to MSc/MA level in Education, Social Work, Human Rights Law, International Relations, Development Studies or similar.
* Ability to identify the main gaps in the education sector in the given context to inform a holistic response for children.
* Experience and commitment to integration within education programming, including child protection and psychosocial support
* Previous experience of managing a team and of project management
* Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
* Experience in monitoring and evaluating education programmes in emergency, transition and development contexts
* Ability to work both in an Advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
* Experience of representation and ability to represent Save the Children effectively in external forums.
* Experience of preparing successful funding proposals for donors
* Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* A high level of written and spoken English
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
* Commitment to and understanding of child rights, the aims and principles of Save the Children, and humanitarian standards such as the Sphere Charter and the Code of Conduct. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
* Language skills Arabic
* Experience or knowledge of working and living in the Middle East Region
* Specific experience of designing and managing FCDO, ECHO, BHA, GAC, SIDA and other major donor projects
* Specific experience in the following technical areas: non-formal education, early childhood education, curriculum development, teacher professional development, supporting formal education systems
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWFyaWFtLjM1Mzk3LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ