DPHK Secretariat Terms of Reference
(Adapted from AEG (HAC) Secretariat Terms of Reference, 2007)
Roles and responsibilities of the DPHK Secretariat:
- Overall: Act as a point person and resource for DPHK operations and meetings and ensure smooth running of the group under the administrative supervision of the WHO Representative and technical supervision/direction of the DPHK Chair
- Communications: Act as liaison and focal point for communications amongst the DPHK group and between the DPHK group, MOH, COG, and other sector partners.
- Information sharing: Serve as a focal point for information sharing and a repository for key documents. Maintain lists and contact information for DPHK members and key focal points for MOH, COG, and other sector partners.
- Coordination: Maintain a calendar of key events and meetings involving DPs, and liaise with DPHK members and MOH, COG, and other sector partner organizers to manage and avoid potential scheduling conflicts.
- Participation: Share information on key sector events and forums and liaise and coordinate with organizers and members to ensure DPs participation.
- DPHK meeting prep: Liaise and organize meetings with the Chair and Executive Committee to set dates and agendas for DPHK meetings; identify, invite and confirm presenters and visitors to address agenda topics; prepare and send out meeting agendas; compile and share background documents; confirm meeting venues and manage meeting logistics. Identify, compile or prepare and share background information and position papers on key issues as directed by the DPHK and the Chair.
- DPHK meeting follow up: prepare and circulate minutes of DPHK meetings and identify and follow up on key action points from each meeting.
Joint sector planning, budgeting & review processes
- Coordination: As requested and guided by GOK/MOH, and in line with the MoH Partnership Framework, serve as a focal point for mobilizing DP support, inputs and participation when required.
- Resource mapping and tracking: As requested and guided by GOK/MOH, serve as focal person to coordinate sharing of donor investment projections and actual disbursement reports on aid flows to the sector, to inform MOH and county annual plans, MTEF/PBB annual budgeting processes, health sector joint assessments and annual performance reports, and other related government and sector processes and documents.
- Sector annual planning and budgeting: As requested and guided by GOK/MOH, serve as focal person to mobilize and coordinate DPs active participation in joint annual planning and MTEF/PBB budgeting processes at national and county levels with MOH, COG/counties, and other sector partners.
- Sector annual performance reviews: As requested and guided by GOK/MOH, serve as focal person to coordinate DPs active participation in joint annual performance reviews at national and county levels, and joint sector-wide review forums.
- Resource mobilization: As requested and guided by GOK/MOH serve as focal point for sharing requests and coordinating DP responses to support resource mobilization.
Partnership and outreach
- Partnership coordination: As requested and guided by GOK/MOH, and in line with the MOH Partnership Framework, facilitate and support sector coordination, harmonization and alignment work; participate in formulation of partnership documents with MOH, COG and other sector partners; coordinate DPs active participation in sector partnership and coordination forums and joint annual planning and review processes.
- Communications and info sharing: Serve as a focal point to facilitate and promote communication and sharing of information between DPHK, MOH, COG, and other sector partners.
- Liaison: Under the guidance of the Chair and DPHK officers, act as liaison between the DPHK, MOH, COG and other sector partners to promote and facilitate effective coordination and cooperation.
DPHK Secretariat staffing, funding, location, reporting and recruitment.**
- Staffing: the DPHK Secretariat is a national position, with previous international experience.
- Funding: The DPHK Secretariat is funded by DPHK member agencies through WHO with funds available to support such functions, while the DPHK secretariat is administratively reporting to the WHO Representative and technically reporting to the DPHK Chair.
- Location: by common agreement, the DPHK Secretariat functions will be based at the WHO Kenya country office.
- Reporting: The DPHK Secretariat, based at the WHO Kenya country office reports administratively to the WHO Representative, including participating in WHO performance management and supervisory guidance. In addition, the DPHK Secretariat will report on technical and operational matters to the DPHK Chair;
- Recruitment:*** The DPHK Secretariat is recruited through a competitive process as outlined by WHO procedures.
- Education: An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, global/international health, health system strengthening policy and/or management.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: global/international health, health system strengthening policy and/or management.
A minimum of two years’ experience working in an international position would be considered a strong asset. Relevant experience in a UN system, NGO or Bilateral agency or organization will be considered as an asset.
How to apply
Qualified Kenyan Nationals should submit a Cover letter with an updated Curriculum Vitae based on the TORs on or before 12 July 2021 using the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the Title of the Job Vacancy on the subject while applying for this position.
The Job Vacancy will be on a Special Service Agreement (SSA) at NOC level for a 2 year period.
Applications are required from individuals who meet the criteria