Save the Children’s Asia regional office has identified digital transformation as a critical issue for our programming success and to achieve impact for children. In 2019 we established a Technology and Data for Development team (T4D) and developed a strategy to for digital transformation of our programs.
Smart ways of utilizing data has been identified as a key opportunity and need going forward as we implement various digital systems and tools which aid in the delivery of our programs.
This role will lead the data analytics work, alongside the T4D team and in close collaboration with our country offices, program and project teams and our regional research team.
As the Data Analytics Lead on the regional Technology and Data for Development (T4D) team you will:
- Identify ways of gathering and utilizing internal data which can help us better understand how to maximize the impact and outcomes of our programs for children.
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing external datasets for increased impact and more targeted program activities.
- Participate in partnership development with external organizations (academic, NGO and for-profit) with the goal identify opportunities to collaborate in leveraging data assets
- Review and hands-on implement best practices for:
- Data architecture, standards, and principles
- Data forecasting, modelling and visualization
- Data insights analysis, dashboards, and reporting
- Data governance, management, and stewardship
- Preparing internal and external datasets for use with machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence tools.
- Provide support to country offices and programs in utilizing data and analytics in their programs.
You have first-hand experience using relevant tools:
- Relational and non-SQL databases
- Languages like Python, R, SQL and others
- Statical Analysis Packages building on R and / or Python and other languages
- Visualization tools PowerBI, Tableau, Google Data Studio, and others
As part of our the T4D team you will:
- Lead the development of our data impact strategy
- Support the T4D team and our country colleagues in improving our understand of data analytics and capabilities of leveraging data analytics tools in our daily work
- Collaborate with our colleagues from the research and measuring team
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 31 August 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dHplbGVlLmNoaW4uMTcxMDAuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t