The Regional Finance Change Management Lead provides ERP training and accounting support to ensure the successful implementation of finance transformation initiatives in IRC’s country offices and regional office. These initiatives will lead to value optimization, efficiency and effectiveness within the Crisis Response, Recovery and Development (CRRD) function.
This position works closely with the Regional Finance Director, country office finance and program teams to lead and support the finance change management process. The goal of finance change management is to ensure that program team members have the right tools, business processes and support available at the right time and place to be able to do their jobs effectively in concert with an efficient Finance function. Furthermore, the incumbent plays a key role in ensuring that Finance remains a critical organizational business partner delivering accurate, insightful and timely financial management information.
The role is part of the regional team and reports to the Regional Finance Director (RFD), with a dotted line (MIP – Management In Partnership) to the Director of Global Finance Change Management for technical guidance and support.
• In close partnership with the RFD, own the successful deployment of the new Microsoft Dynamics ERP system (called Integra at IRC) across country offices in the region. Integra will provide the foundation for many of the finance transformation initiatives over several years.
• Provide technical training and accounting support to country offices on ERP system changes, new accounting policies,
procedures and ways of working.
• Guide continuous improvement so that processes are tailored to the needs of the region and the countries within it.
• Work closely with headquarters teams including Finance and Operations and Process Excellence (Integra team) to represent the region on finance-related Integra matters.
• Collaborate with the Training team to provide effective training and capacity building of all staff, specifically on finance components.
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement and innovation that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Support the RFD in communicating finance changes across the region.
• Use an encouraging and collaborative approach to establish clear and mutually agreed expectations, set objectives, establish priorities, and monitor and evaluate results.
• Implement plans that result in successful adoption and achieve measured improvements in finance operations.
• Provide surge capacity to country offices or fill gaps in the country finance teams as required.
• Raise awareness of the need for change and build a desire to participate in and encourage change.
• Drive collaboration and knowledge sharing at all levels of the organization to break down silos and achieve the best results for transformation and optimized execution.
• Track and analyze success metrics and provide regular updates on status and progress.
• Document key learning and use this to improve knowledge management and revise change management plans.
• Participate in the development and delivery of plans, goals, objectives and priorities for the Regional Finance department and undertake other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting or CPA or equivalent
• At least 6 years of experience within NGO/Corporate Finance environment using ERP systems
• Skilled at facilitating cross-functional projects in an efficient yet collaborative manner
• Excellent written / verbal communication skills, and follow-up skills
• Written and spoken proficiency in English and French.
• Strong analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills
• Sophisticated MS Excel skills
• Excellent writing, presentation and facilitation skills
• Willingness to travel to IRC country offices within the region up to 50% of the time
• Able to work with diverse teams in diverse locations, engaging their input and dedication to success
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.