Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Finance Coordinator position is to support the regional office with the implementation of finance activities in accordance with NRC policies and procedures. The coordinator also will be supporting the Regional Head of finance with updating Agresso system and financial records, also the financial controllers with the country offices grants and financial tools.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at regional level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper filing of all supporting documents.
- Support the Regional Office’s programme and support teams in complying with financial procedures.
Function specific responsibilities:
- Assist the revision and update all AELA budgets including the Master Budget, following the decisions taken by the Regional Management Team to distribute savings and overspending, in accordance with the regional SOPs established to that end.
- Manage the monthly Budget vs Actuals and forecast report, including any updates, revisions, and all rebooking of regional costs according to NRC Financial Handbook.
- Execute monthly posting of the AELA’s regional salaries and expenses charged to COs and prepare the AELA’s salaries timesheets as required.
- Ensure the timely preparation and consolidation of regional grants reports to budget holders in compliance with NRC’s and donors’ rules and regulations.
- Contributing to the roll-out/implementation and support on the financial tools and various Unit4 (Agresso) modules (Finance, Procurement) throughout the region. Including contributing to ensuring that the NRC’s Unit4 solutions meet the needs and requirements and is used effectively.
- Assist in keeping Agresso updated and reviewing the reporting tools (BvA, BPO, BRS, MB, etc.).
- Support the regional finance team in the year end accounting of the Regional and Country Offices.
- Provide training to Finance Coordinators at the country office level and support COs at the request of the Regional Head of Finance including, if necessary, through visits to the field to support the finance units.
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of regional Standard Operational Procedures in AELA.
- Support the Regional Head of Finance in facilitating trainings and workshops for AELA staff and other staff in the region, and in producing training materials for those workshops.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Previous experience working on main humanitarian donors
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English is required
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Professional knowledge and experience with Unit4 (Agresso) modules is an advantage.
- Experience and knowledge about NRC’s own Fair Shared Cost Allocation model is an advantage.
- A good command of Spanish is an asset
- Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiating action and change
Duty Station : Oslo, Norway (The preferred location for this position is Oslo, Norway. Candidates, therefore, need to either be Norwegian citizens or be eligible to obtain the legal rights to work in Norway)
Reports to : Regional Head of Finance
Duration: 12 months renewable based on funding and performance
Salary and Benefits: This is a grade 7 position; salary and benefits are in accordance to NRC Oslo based positions
How to apply
To apply for this position click on the following link and you will be directed to the application landing page