As a key member of the Regional Human Resources and Admin team and in close collaboration with the Regional HR Director, you will be responsible for supporting and advising the country programmes and regional office on the various HR processes. Work as a Business Partner with The Regional Senior Management Team and head of functions..
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Human Resources Director
Staff directly reporting to this post: Regional HR Coordinator, Regional HR and Admin Coordinator, Regional HR Officer, Regional Admin Officer.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Human Resources function
Coordinate Regional and Country Office HR Quality assurance and reporting, ensuring the Save the Children Management Standards is in place and implementing Global and regional projects within Regional office and Country Offices.
- Ensure HR policy and procedure are in place and implemented by the Country Offices and in the Regional office
- Support RHRD in implementation of work, data collection and reports
- Ensure the right systems and processes are in place for recruitment, orientation and induction, compensation and benefits management, performance management and staff development.
- Ensure compliance of Regional office and Country Programmes to the Save the Children Quality standards and building country programme’s capacity to adhere to the standards. Quality assurance and compliance across Country Offices and Regional office to achieve HR Key performance indicators and employee relationship reports to be sent to SCI Centre.
- Coordinate between the Country Offices and Regional Office regarding improving systems and process in HR management adding value to the transaction in both directions
Compensation and Benefit
- Providing advice on Compensation, Benefits and Regional HR Policy to be Regional Office staff and to Country Office HR leads and compensation focal points in the country offices
- Work closely with the Global Compensation and benefit unit
- Work on National and international staff medical application and enrolment, Life Insurance, and Long Term Savings plan enrolment for International employees, ensuring this is set up in advance of their start date; and notify new employees accordingly.
- Ensure successful completion of HR payroll information for national and International staff with all documentation submitted accurately and in line with payroll deadlines on a monthly basis
- Ensure the ORACLE HR system is updated in a timely and accurate manner. This includes setting up new starters, leavers, amending personal details, updating contract information, inputting performance ratings, training information and running of reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of data through timely input to electronic and hard copy l personal files. Maintain confidentiality in respect of all candidates’ and employees’ records whether manual or computer maintained and ensure that all records are held securely.
- In collaboration with the Humanitarian Response Team, Regional HR Director, HR counterparts in-country offices throughout the region and the Country Directors, plan, coordinate and implement HR policies and procedures for emergency programs
- ·Coordinate with the country office and establish orientation/induction and exit briefings for humanitarian deployments.
- Coordinate and give advice on the national staff benefit for emergency responses
Acting as back-up for Country Office HR Directors
- In collaboration with the Regional HR Director, providing back-up as required for HR managers in low complexity country offices. This may require occasional on-site support, but will primarily be provided virtually. This may be shared with other members of the regional HR team.
- Provide training for regional office staff on Save the children policies (such as Sexual harassment policy)
- lead, guide and advice RO on what concerns staff development, performance management, recruitment, compensation, induction and onboarding, and any other relevant HR strategic and operational process.
- Manage the HR and Admin Team at the regional office to deliver on the team objectives including any other duties not already prescribed.
- Represent the HR Department at the Regional Risk Management Committee.
- Being a focal point with Gender Equality Assessment Committee.
- Overseeing and Management Admin Department Teams and Activities as follows:
- Make sure the regional office Utilizes, Maintenance, Registration are well managed by the admin team.
- Oversee admin team are up to date with the International Staff Residences and Work permits
- Support admin team to manage the accommodation for International staff
- Ensure Visa management for all SCI regional office New Hires, Visitors and Training participants are effectively handled by the admin team.
- Ensure MEEE Regional events and workshops are properly organized.
- Any other tasks assigned to the admin team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Substantial experience of building, leading and developing a diverse team of senior staff to deliver on both development and humanitarian programs
- Experience working with large, complex donors to secure and/or manage competitive funding
- Experience of managing a humanitarian crisis situation requiring quick changes to priorities and rapid action to respond
- Excellent understanding and experience of risk, programme, financial and operational management processes
- Experience of building effective personal networks and influencing at a senior level
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Experience of Tunis, Morocco, Libya or the North Africa Region with sound knowledge of the country context and key government and civil society stakeholders
- Experience of working for an international membership organisation or similar
- Fluency in English, French or Arabic
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bGhhamRhb3VkLjMwMjM2LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ