Kvinna till Kvinna is right now in an exciting phase of building its new strategy for 2023-28. MENA is the largest of our regions, with 5 offices and 9 country and regional programmes, focusing mainly on women, peace and security, combatting gender-based violence and supporting an inclusive women rights movement.
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of a dynamic and committed team, who is a leader and used to manage staff on a distance, enjoys networking and building relationships with donors.
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has promoted women’s rights since 1993. Today, we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations. We operate in conflict-affected areas in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and the South Caucasus, where we support more than 150 brave partner organisations. Together, we work to strengthen women’s influence and power, end violence against women and promote human rights.
If you believe gender equality, democracy and peace go hand in hand, this is the place for you. Joining Kvinna till Kvinna means joining a family of passionate activists. Women human rights defenders who stand on the barricades, face down resistance and advocate in the corridors of power.
We are spread out across 14 offices, but we are a team with a single shared belief: The future is equal. And together, we are change.
About the job
As Regional Manager you are responsible for the strategic development of the region, and overall responsibility for developing and managing the strategy and the programmes in the region in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate, policies, and practices.
You are overall in charge of staff, administrative and financial responsibilities as well as the total regional budget. You will be Kvinna till Kvinna’s official representative in the region and responsible for keeping up-to date of the political, conflict and security situation in the region. Networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and local organizations and institutions is an important part of the job.
As Regional Manager you are part of the Programme and Method Department management team at the Head Office in Stockholm, and reports to the Head of Programme and Method. The assignment is an expatriate assignment, and requires recurrent travel both in the region and internationally.
You are strategic and operational and can easily adapt to the situation. You have a strong ability to prioritize, delegate and to stay solution focused. You have responsiveness, integrity, and the ability to handle stressful situations. You are a strong leader and manager.
You need to have
- Ten years accumulated work experience, of which at least five years managerial experience leading staff and management of a similar size and focus.
- Experience of:
- development cooperation work in MENA or similar context
- knowledge in one or more areas of peace and conflict, gender equality, and/or development studies
- working with or in conflict affected countries with security issues
- operational development requiring analytical and strategic skills, including project management, follow-up; evaluation, assessment and reporting, especially results-based management, and quality assurance
- A minimum of a BA University degree in relevant field
- Good computer skills and experience from administrative and economic tasks
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English
- Experienced driver and a valid license.
- Worked with advocacy and at international fora
- Knowledge of International Human Rights Law and/or International Law
- Voluntary work in civil society or other value-based programmes
- Knowledge of Arabic, French, Kurdish and/or Swedish
Terms & conditions and what we offer
You will join a team of 130+ dedicated Kvinna till Kvinna colleagues who fight for women’s rights in more than 20 conflict-affected countries.
In the Middle East and North Africa, roughly 30 of us work to prevent discrimination, increase women’s participation in society and support the development of women’s rights organisations. Join us!
- This position is an international assignment, based in Amman. We also have offices in Beirut, Erbil, Jerusalem, and Tunis. Through regular digital meetings, we stay in touch with our colleagues abroad.
- Your role will include occasional travel, especially within the MENA region.
- This is a full-time position, with a probationary period of 6 months. Starting date as soon as possible.
- Your working hours will be flexible and goal oriented.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact email@example.com
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Head of HR firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply, please visit our career site
Please note that we only accept applications through our career site.