Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
Title: Regional Officer, Finance and Accounting
Location Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: Regional Manager, Finance and Accounting
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
We are seeking a Regional Officer, Finance and Accounting, based in EGPAF’s Nairobi Office to support assigned country offices’ timely submission of high quality, accurate monthly financial information to the US office. They will help ensure all transactions are recorded in QuickBooks, are fully supported by appropriate documentation, and meet all the compliance standards espoused in EGPAF’s field accounting manual. The Regional Officer will be an agile problem solver with experience providing training to both finance and non-finance audiences across a wide variety of topics.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Title?
· Proactively support the assigned country accounting teams to submit timely, accurate and complete monthly financial reports (MFR KPIs) in the required format and by the required deadline
· Proactively follows up with country teams on prior month outstanding issues from the MFR KPIs and as needed, makes timely escalations for management intervention
· Supports the US Office by providing intra-month review of the supporting documents (payment vouchers, etc.) for assigned country offices to ensure that all transactions posted in QuickBooks are in accordance with the Foundation’s field accounting manual
· Provides support to the assigned countries’ finance staff through regular (weekly) meetings to provide technical assistance, user training, and problem solving relating to the MFR (KPIs), including reviews of prior month progress local process improvements.
· Provides ad hoc technical support to assigned country finance teams to prepare budgets, financial forecasts, and monitoring of project expenditures, elevating issues to management attention as needed.
· As needed, support the US Office with regards to audit samples selected for supported pool of countries
· Assesses the capacity of current country accounting teams and make recommendations about training needs; collaborates with other relevant subject matter experts to prepare and deliver required trainings on areas such as financial processes, financial compliance, etc.
· Provide a gap fill service for the financial management of country programmes as required due to staff absence from leave or resignation.
· Serve as surge capacity resource in finance upon request from country teams
· As needed, travels to assigned countries on temporary duties or for other technical support
· Provides technical support to ensure appropriate registration and certification of the Foundation in supported countries as required under the NGO act / company act and all other applicable statutory bodies e.g. social security
· Other duties as assigned
To be successful, you will have:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
· Professional certification in Accounting (CPA, ACCA) and 5 years of relevant post-certification experience
· 5 years of relevant post-certification experience
· Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Excel
· Experience training on finance to finance and non-finance audiences
· Excellent knowledge of donor regulations including CDC/PEPFAR USAID, Global Fund and other major international donors with different reporting requirements and demands
· Demonstrated leadership in the following competencies: team building, customer service, and decisiveness
Bonus points if you have: **
· Fluency in French
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC (black, indigenous, and other people of color), women and non-binary, LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender), individuals with disabilities, and other members of historically underrepresented groups.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com.
How to apply
To apply, please visit: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PEDAIDS&cws=41&rid=2434