This can be a remote position, based in any country where SCI has offices.
*Save the Children is hiring a Regional Special Projects Officer to ensure that special projects and initiatives in new areas move forward at pace. Working closely with the Regional Director, the Special Projects Officer will support a wide range of activities including the RD’s work with key colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and donors.*
The role holder will:
- work in coordination with the Regional Director and other staff to enable the LAC region to take immediate action in new and innovative areas of work,
- facilitate cross-functional and cross-thematic initiatives.
- support the RD in communicating with SC Members, donors, media and other key stakeholders, and
- document new initiatives with a view to enhancing visibility of the Save the Children’s LAC innovative programming work.
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelor´s level degree in a relevant field.
- A high level of written and spoken English and Spanish
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of programs
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, efficiently and effectively organize work and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience collaborating and gathering information from multiple sources to create materials, compose analytical briefs, and draft communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – must be inclusive, a bridge builder, and fun to work with
- Self-starter capable of working both independently and within teams
- Ability to thrive in and contribute to a fast-paced environment
- Desire to contribute ideas to inform the work of the Regional Office.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday,
- All children learn from a quality basiceducation,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single pdf document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bXBhZGlsbGEuMzIzOTEuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t