Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Under the Asia Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation (ALME) IDIQ contract, USAID/Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) has engaged Social Impact under a Task Order Service Request to conduct a “Deep Dive” or assessment that would identify specific findings and recommendations for USAID/RDMA to explore its potential role in strengthening the resilience of Asia-Pacific regional supply chains. The Supply Chain Resiliency Deep Dive will inform activity design and provide data for evidence-based decision making, and identify possible approaches that benefit future USAID RDMA involvement and/or economic growth programming. The impacts and opportunities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic will be integrated into report findings. The Supply Chain Resiliency Deep Dive calls for the completion of two interconnected tasks:
- An analysis of data and information on priority entry points, including policymaking bodies and private sector networks around vulnerabilities among regional supply chains; and
- The co-development of an information dissemination workshop that includes recommendations for programmatic approaches to work with public and private platforms to advance supply chain resiliency at a regional level.
Social Impact is seeking a Regional Supply Chain Resiliency (SCR) Expert in support of the Supply Chain Resiliency Deep Dive for USAID/RDMA. The Regional SCR Expert will carry out a literature review, assist with deliverables, and attend all briefings and presentations to the client. In addition, the position will play a major role in data collection and compilation, contribute to data analysis, and provide technical inputs. The Regional SCR Expert is a critical role on the assessment team and should provide guidance to the team based on extensive contextual knowledge of supply chain resiliency in Southeast Asia. This is a part-time consulting position with a period of performance from September 2021 to January 2022.
**Qualified candidates currently based in Southeast Asia are highly encouraged to apply**
- Provide subject matter expertise on supply chain resiliency in Southeast Asia.
- Propose site visit locations and support the drafting of the assessment design and work plan.
- Conduct in-person and virtual data collection as required.
- Support the drafting of required deliverables, including: the assessment design and work plan, presentation of initial impressions, information dissemination workshop, and draft and final assessment reports.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables and implement SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Master’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, economics, or a similar degree and at least eight years of relevant work experience.
- Substantial, demonstrated experience in supply chain management, firm-level competitiveness in the Indo-Pacific Region, and/or relevant private sector experience.
- Expertise in research methods and assessments, including experience conducting regional assessments in Southeast Asia.
- At least five years of experience managing and conducting assessments or similar research in the development field.
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral communication, presentation, and writing skills.
How to apply
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply for the position, please visit our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3797
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.