Under the supervision of the direct manager, the Research Assistant is expected to support Al Nahda Center in all research related activities by ensuring efficient implementation of research and data analysis processes and systems in the office. The Research Assistant will conduct various types of activities related to research through data analysis, questionnaire design, maintaining the network of outside consultants/researchers and providing technical input and support on day‐to‐day tasks related to research and assessment. This role will also include administrative and planning responsibilities as per the needs of Al Nahda Center in the short, medium, and long term.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Assist with the copywriting, editing, and preparation of various publications;
· Conduct and prepare quick research and case studies;
· Maintain consistent and effective communication with the direct manager;
· Complete the required components upon the agreed timeframe for any task;
· Design research, collect data, analyse, and draft research/reports;
· Develop new or revise current relevant templates for the operations of the unit ;
· Support the drafting and dissemination of information and tasks related to ARDD Projects;
· Support coordination with other colleagues to ensure complementarily and analysis of all ARDD direct managements;
· Support the preparation of materials for submission to Donors and funding agencies and foundations;
· Support research and/or outreach related correspondence;
· Support in maintaining regular contact with relevant institutions and networks;
· Ensure direct manager mentation and follow-up for relevant meetings;
· Where needed, support logistics, organization, communication according to the needs of the unit
· Undertakes field visits to the research areas and travel whenever requested by the management;
· Perform other related duties as assigned by the direct manager.
· Bachelor degree in Political Science, Human Rights, Law, or a related social science (Political Science, Economics, Sociology or any related field);
· 1-2 years of experience with international/local organizations in implementing research, policy, and/or advocacy related work;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from various cultural and social backgrounds;
· Ability to work and communicate effectively in English and Arabic, both verbally and in writing;
· Willingness to work flexible hours and to travel to the field/remote areas in the project sites.
· Strong communication and organization skills;
· Excellent writing skills in both Arabic & English;
· Strong analytical skills and creative thinking;
· Ability to multi task;
· Attention to detail;
How to apply
Interested and Qualified Candidate should apply to: Jobs@ardd-jo.org. Please mention the name of the position Research Assistant on the subject of the email.
Applications close 31 May 2021.
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and ARDD reserves the right to recruit before the deadline. **