Coordinate a multi-country, tailored-to-context, participatory research of available knowledge and capacities on specific climate-related topics in 6 developing countries from Africa and Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Develop a methodological guideline to orient research across countries on the state of knowledge & capacities of specific climate change topics. The guidelines shall be presented in English, French and Spanish.
- Provide conceptual definition of key topics of the research.
- Provide guidelines on referencing and format of research results.
- Detail in the guideline four research methods: survey, multi-stakeholder dialogue, interviews with key decision-makers and researchers, and literature review. The guideline shall include a code of ethics for disclosure and protection of personal data.
- Develop one survey that can be applied in all countries in 3 languages.
- Hold one virtual methodology workshop for partners of the project.
- Revise and provide comments to the research plan presented by 6 national teams (in English, French and/or Spanish).
- Support teams of 6 countries in implementing the guidelines at national level, serving as a focal point to resolve methodological issues and facilitate learning.
- Revise and provide comments to the research results from 6 countries (in English, French and/or Spanish).
- Analyze data from the survey and write a comparative article about results. The article will be revised by the Executive Team, Research Partners and national teams, and shall be written in a format that can be published in peer review journals. Authorship will be from the consultant and all other partners involved in writing.
- Contribute with Research Partners in identifying relevant content for capacity building and training in the selected countries.
- Propose guidelines for a scholarship call for Master and PHD thesis in all 6 countries.
- Participate in the selection process of students to receive scholarships.
- Participate in project coordination meetings.
How to apply
Your Web Address for this Job Posting (attachments received will not be distributed) – firstname.lastname@example.org – https://www.avina.net/en/global-south-research-methodology-coordinator/
Date (Deadline for Application/Starting Date) Deadline – 14th may – Starting date – 1st May
Duty Station (City/ies and Country/ies) –based in Africa or Latin America and the Caribbean
Contact Information (Name, Address, City, Country, ZIP/Postal Code, Phone, Fax, Email) – Ana Lascano – email@example.com