Under the supervision of the direct manager, the Research Officer is expected to support the center in all research related activities by ensuring efficient implementation of research and data analysis processes and systems in the office. The Research Officer will be in charge of conducting various types of activities related to research through data analysis, questionnaire design, maintaining the network of outside consultants/researchers and providing technical input and support on day‐to‐day tasks related to research and assessment. The Research Officer will also be required to contribute to the research capacity building of the research interns/staff of the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Design and prepare research action plans, and methodology according to project need. In addition to the design of the questionnaire/reports and, tabulations;
· Execute the plan’s activities in order to collect the research data;
· Conduct various types of research (quantitative and qualitative);
· Conduct and prepare quick studies and case studies;
· Maintain communication with the direct manager about each step of the plan;
· Complete the required research upon the agreed timeframe for the task;
· Research, collect, analyse, and report;
· Develop new or revise current survey and assessment forms, queries and reports as required;
· Prepare draft technical reports, statistical analyses, information bulletins and other relevant information related to ARDD s Projects;
· Support coordination with other colleagues to ensure complementarily and analysis of all ARDD Direct managements;
· Prepare materials for submission to donors and funding agencies and foundations;
· Assists with the editing and preparation of reports;
· Meet regularly with supervisor(s) to discuss research assignments;
· Attends office and donors meetings when needed;
· Manages and replies to project-related correspondence;
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the direct manager;
· Maintains regular contact with related institutions and network of researchers;
· Takes notes at sessions;
· Coordinates and overseas field interventions for data collection by conducting FGDs and interviews;
· Project management (logistics, organization, communication with participants);
· Designs research training materials, tools, and trains research assistant and other related staff who will be involved in the research activities;
· Undertakes field visits to the research areas and travel whenever requested by the management;
· Designs project training materials.
· Master degree in Political Science, Human Rights, Law, or a related social science (Political Science, Economics, Sociology or any related field);
· 5 years of experience with international/local organizations in implementing research, policy, and/or advocacy related work;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from various cultural and social backgrounds;
· Ability to work and communicate effectively in English and Arabic, both verbally and in writing;
· Willingness to work flexible hours and to travel to the field/remote areas in the project sites.
· Strong communication and organization skills;
· Excellent writing skills in both Arabic & English;
· Strong analytical skills and creative thinking;
· Ability to multi task;
· Attention to detail;
· High achiever.
How to apply
Interested and Qualified Candidate should apply to: Jobs@ardd-jo.org. Please mention the name of the position Research Officer on the subject of the email.
Applications close 31 May 2021.
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and ARDD reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.