The Resource Mobilisation Country Manager implements the ICRC fundraising strategy for the United Kingdom and Ireland, amounting to over CHF 200 million each year for the past 4 years.
The Country Manager for the UK and Ireland will have responsibility for the management of the relationship with traditional government sources of funding, which accounts for the vast majority of funding. To note that he/she is also responsible for supporting a team of private fundraising experts, working with and through the British Red Cross, to grow income from existing and new private audiences within the UK, in line with ICRC’s ambitious targets to grow income from private sector through Movement partners.
The post is based in the ICRC delegation in London (LDN), involving travel to Dublin and frequent travel to Geneva for meetings within the Resource Mobilisation Division (REM) as well as possible field visits.
ICRC Field and/or HQ experience is a requirement for this position, as well as experience of the functioning of the humanitarian and/or development communities.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Under the supervision and with the support of the Senior Country Manager (UK and Ireland) based in REM GVA, he/she defines the ICRC’s fundraising strategy for the United Kingdom and Ireland, all funding streams combined.
· Oversees and supervises a team of 2 people based in the London Delegation and acts as the dotted line manager to two positions imbedded within the British Red Cross
· Is the internal focal point for the relevant Regions and Delegations on funding from HMG and Irish Aid.
· Works closely with LDN Head of Policy to:
o Provide analysis and deliver strategy
o Ensure coherent external engagement
· Manages the support to funding relationship with the British Red Cross (BRC) and Irish Red Cross (IRC)
· In coordination with LDN HoRD, approves the strategy, oversees and ensures accountability of the ICRC/BRC Private Sector Fundraising Partnership. This includes the work of the BRC lead philanthropy strategist and philanthropy officer who are dedicated to the programme. Coordinates the strategic and technical input of REM into the programme.
· Identifies new funding opportunities and untapped budget lines within HMG and Irish Government
· In coordination with HoRD LDN and REM Head of New Financing Models (NFM), identifies NFM opportunities within HMG and beyond and works closely with the Head of NFM in accessing these new sources
For details of the position responsibilities and requirements, please see the full job advertisement on our website:
How to apply
Please forward your CV (no longer than two pages) together with a separate cover letter in support of your application (in Word), including your salary expectations and notice period/availability, to the London delegation HR Manager (email@example.com)**,** with REM Country Manager in the subject line.