HEKS/EPER pursues the vision of a just world where the dignity of everyone is respected, peace reigns and the natural environment is conserved. In the framework of the 2030 Agenda, we work in the four thematic priority areas of “Climate justice”, “Right to land and food”, “Flight and migration”, and “Inclusion”. HEKS/EPER also provides humanitarian aid for people affected by natural disasters and armed conflicts. The goal is to induce change at the social, economic and political levels. HEKS/EPER helps improve the living conditions of people in Switzerland and around the world, claims their rights, and to this end, mobilizes and raises awareness on the part of society, policy-makers, business and churches.
The role holder will focus on leading on support for the improvement of operational delivery in oPt working closely with HEKS/EPER’s partners. The Project Officer (PO) will – in a medium or large-scale emergency – support the Country Office and the program team based in Jerusalem and Gaza.
With immediate effect or by arrangement we are looking for an experienced person as
Response Project Officer Gaza, based in JerusalemYour main responsibilities:
- Support the HEKS Office and the program team based in Jerusalem
- Facilitate partnerships between HEKS/EPER and Partner Organizations and between Partner Organizations
- Support and Enhance Partners Organizations’ capacities on programmatic and institutional levels
- Maintain contacts with partner organisations and relevant stakeholders at project implementation level
- Support in producing written reports on project and program level according to HEKS/EPER and back donors needs including M&E.
- Facilitate and coordinate activities of Partner Organizations. Potential direct implementation
- Support CO in assessing organisational and operational capacity, identifying key gaps in oPt operations will also be informed and coordinated with the CO)
- Conduct regular field level monitoring visits to project sites on a rolling programme
- Prepare monitoring and field visit reports
- Assist in preparing detailed work plans, proposals and budgets for the projects
- Review progress made towards the proposed work plan as well as the stated objective and results at project and program levels
- Oversee project progress, reporting, monitoring, evaluation and financial information, especially in respect of crosscutting issues
- Take a major role in project planning, appraisal, monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure that all interventions are reported on and where possible evidence of impact is gathered to enable greater advocacy to take place
- The program officer shall contribute to the quarterly reflections and report on the program level
- Compose written products for newsletters, reports and fundraising applications
- Discharge other responsibilities and assignments given by Country Programme Director, including responding to emerging humanitarian needs
To be successful you bring:
- University degree in social\political science or related fields
- Three years’ work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good analytical skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office)
- attention to detail
- good team player
- ability to work under pressure
- good with tight deadlines
- experience working in complex environments
- Driving license with flexibility to conduct periodic partner monitoring trips to Gaza, West Bank, and Jerusalem
What you can expect from us:
- A national position with duty station in Jerusalem
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world
- An interesting and challenging position
- Duration 6 months (possible extension)
How to apply
Would you like to join the HEKS/EPER team? We are looking forward to your complete application in English (CV, Cover letter and certificates) exclusively via our online portal.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.