Catholic Relief Services, International Non-Governmental Organization is looking for service needs A Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning Officer (SERA)qualified, experienced, and highly motivated who will support the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (SERA) activities. You will need to work directly with the team and local implementing partners, coordinating various SERA activities and events in support of CRS ‘work to serve the poor and vulnerable. In addition, you will ensure quality data collection that follows the guidelines of the project and donor organizations. Your monitoring and evaluation skills will enable the country program to deliver good quality programs and continuously work to improve the impact of this project.
The position is based in Maroua / Cameroon
Key roles and responsibilities of the position:
Support the coordination and implementation of all Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (SERA) activities of the assigned project, as indicated in the detailed implementation plan, in line with the principles and quality standards CRS programs, donor requirements and good practices.
· Track any identified difficulties and / or gaps related to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (SERA) and report back to guide adjustments to implementation plans and schedules. Help partners in their efforts to reflect on the experiences of the project.
· Lead the deployment and implementation of the project feedback and response mechanism. Actively support the research and response to comments from all members of the targeted communities and other stakeholders as defined by the feedback and response mechanism.
· Support SERA project activities in the field (including digital data collection) and assist partners in their efforts to collect and ensure timely analysis of project data according to specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner (s) to prepare SERA related aspects of reports according to established reporting schedule.
· Collect information on SERA capacity needs of staff and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor SERA capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
· Complete project documentation for assigned sera activities. Help identify useful information for case studies and promising practice reports.
Support program learning and decision making by asking thoughtful questions, engaging with project data, reflecting and sharing with project leadership the information gathered from community members and partners .
Basic qualifications :
· A higher degree (Master) in statistics, humanitarian aid or demography would be a plus.
· Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in project support, ideally in the field of humanitarian aid or development. Minimum of 2 years of work in the field of SERA for an NGO or the UN.
· Additional experience may replace part of the studies.
· Knowledge of data analysis and visualization.
· Experience using data software, MS Windows and MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
· Experience in participatory preparation of action plans and community involvement.
· Experience in data analysis and contributing to evaluation reports.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Observation, active listening and analytical skills with the ability to make good judgments
Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
Attention to detail, precision and punctuality in the execution of the responsibilities assigned to you
· Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills with the ability to make good judgments.
Ability to contribute to written reports
Travel for this position : Should be able to be prepared and willing to travel very regularly (40%).
How to apply
Les dossiers de candidature (incluant Lettre de motivation, CV, Noms et adresses de trois personnes de référence, tous documents qui pourront appuyer votre demande) doivent être soumis UNIQUEMENT par Email à l’adresse : email@example.com en indiquant comme titre du mail « Chargé de Suivi, Evaluation Redevabilité, Apprentissage (SERA)-Maroua »
La date de clôture de réception des candidatures est fixée au 2 Juillet 2021 à 14h00min précises.
Les candidatures incomplètes ou soumisses après le délai de clôture ne seront pas considérées.
Cette position est un poste national ouvert uniquement au Camerounais.
Les candidatures féminines sont fortement encouragées.
By applying for this position, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and human trafficking. . Additionally, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a full background check, and my personal / professional references will be asked to assess my behaviors related to the agency’s personal protection policy.