Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
The cash officer is a primary level field based position under the direct supervision of Project Manager. The FSL Officer will be responsible for day to day implementation, reporting and documentation of MPCA and cash for protection activities along with education and CP team and with technical support from FSL Coordinator. The position will work closely with MEAL and supply chain team.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Direct Reports to: Project Manager
Indirect/ Technical Report: FSL Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: None
Other Internal Contacts: MEAL, CP, Education and Supply Chain
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Preparation of detail implementation plan for MPCA and Cash for Protection component with monthly and weekly breakdown of activities.
* Organize the cash activities including area selection, beneficiary selection and verification, cash transfer and PDM.
* Monitor progress against program work plan; promptly identifying any current or potential delays. Weekly reporting on progress
* Carry out transparent beneficiary selection in close coordination with other team members, local authorities, target communities and other humanitarian agencies working in the area.
* Facilitate in organizing cash transfer to beneficiaries along with Supply Chain and field teams.
* Regular field visits to Diayala and Mosul, meeting with team and beneficiaries to ensure that program activities are in line with SOPs and donor compliances.
* Verify each benchmark of cash transfer program as per SOPs before moving to next one.
* Coordinate with MEAL team for parallel monitoring of activities as well as post distribution monitoring
* Keep record of all required documents related to cash program, beneficiary selection, distribution and post distribution monitoring.
* Work collaboratively with SCI’s logistics and finance staff as required to process Purchase Requests (PR) for cash transfer program.
* Represent SCI in sub CWG in Mosul, Dohuk and Diayala.
* Update activity info of CWG on monthly basis along with MEAL team.
* Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
* Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
* Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself and team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
* Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues and external partners and stake holders
* Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
* Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
* displays consistent excellent judgement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
* Bachlors degree in economics, management sciences or livelihoods related fields.
* At least two years proven experience of cash program implementation.
* Proven abilities to work with refugees, IDPs and host communities.
* Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic and Kurdish
* Experience and understanding of gender sensitive programing.
* Good understanding of community engagement and social cohesion.
* Good understanding of humanitarian principles and don no harm.
* Understanding and commitment to Save the Children aims, values, and principles
* Works well in team and promotes teamwork, strong community outreach skills, detail oriented, honest, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
* Strong sense of integrity
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cmFobWVkLjgwODY3LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ