General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organization has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
With the support of the Logistics team the Roving Logistics Assistant is responsible for implementing, following through and accomplishing the individual and general tasks allocated by Facility Manager and as prescribed below per different sections of logistics.
The Roving Logistics Assistant will be expected to work in close collaboration with fleet, admin and senior team members in all Goal Turkey Syria program offices and Azaz Office. S/he will have a functional supporting responsibility to administrator and logistics team in store & asset management, and relevant information sharing, providing technical support.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Ensure that all GOAL assets are properly managed and accounted for;
- Mainly Supporting to the Facility Manager on Updating the FAR list. Tidy the documents, printing, scanning, and liaising with other departments on missing information completion as Facility Manager requests.
- Labelling any newly purchased or donated assets by supporting Facility Manager.
- Ensure all GOAL assets are accounted for and recorded on the Fixed Asset Register (FAR) as per GOAL Asset management procedures and policies taking into consideration Donor requirements.
- Carry out physical counts and update relevant paper works as per standards and requirements set in Logistics Manual, including coordination with Finance department in monthly Assets checks.
- Coordinate the issuing of assets to end users and ensure that an effective system is in place to ensure the relevant paperwork is in place and working,
- Ensure that adequate checks are in place for the recovery of GOAL assets from staff at the end of their time working for GOAL,
- Maintain an in-country Inventory system of items which do not fall under Fixed Asset category,
- Follow all actions and paperwork related to change of status of assets through sale, disposal, write off, handover, send back to HQ, loss and damage of assets.
- Ensure that an effective system is put in place for the transfer of material and goods between GOAL offices in Turkey,
- Support Facility Manager by preparing asset management documentation including Asset Receipt Certificates, GDD, GID etc. and uploading the files to SP.
- Ensure that all departments are supported by the Logistics and provide the needed electronic items (computer spare parts, external hard disk etc.)
- Ensure only authorized personnel access to the assets.
- Monitor minimum stock levels of assets and inform the Facility Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure that all asset stock related documents are well kept and filled in an orderly manner (Goods in Docket, Delivery Dockets, etc.).
- Support Facility Manager on finalizing all telecommunication payments for all GOAL Offices on time.
- Ensure to track GOAL Antakya Office cargo movements.
- Support to logistics team on regular health and safety checks carried out of the offices, houses and compounds. (e.g. fire extinguishers, fire / smoke alarms, fire evacuation procedures, fire blankets, first aid kits, drinking water, garbage disposal, repairs & maintenance etc)
- Contribute to Biweekly Logistics Reports.
- Any other duties as directed by the Logistics Coordinator, System Director in the management and coordination of the Logistics Department.
- Turkish Citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Strong language skills in English and Turkish. Arabic is an advantage.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel)
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Committed team player and ability to work within a multicultural team.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a dynamic work environment.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Trustworthy and honest
- Experience at working in multicultural environment.
- Effective interpersonal, communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Experience in logistics
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please inform email@example.com with the details immediately.
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen derhal firstname.lastname@example.org adresine detayları da içeren bir e-posta gönderiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 5 May 2021.