Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Safe Back to School Project Manager (Generalist) at London or any existing Save the Children office location.
Reports to: Formally, the Project Manager will report to the SB2S Team Leader. However, on a day to day basis, s/he will have a strong dotted line to TT colleagues, country office staff, regional staff, H/TWGs, Global Cluster Leads and other relevant stakeholders.
Staff reporting to this post: n/a
Budget Responsibilities: $TBC
Member of SB2S TT leadership group?: TBC
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent organisational, management and analytical skills, specifically effective time management, budget monitoring, problem solving, ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Demonstrable experience of project management in INGO setting, specifically on project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting – ideally in country settings.
- Significant experience of effective stakeholder engagement and managing substantial projects or workplans comprised of complex, diverse tasks and priorities.
- Sound judgement with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and tasks in a pressured, resource-constrained and self-administrative environment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and ability to present complex issues in a clear succinct manner.
- Cultural awareness and ability to work effectively and collaboratively across diverse teams, functions, offices and organizations.
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of flexibility and autonomy, tackling new areas with confidence and leading on engaging stakeholders across all levels.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
- High level of computer literacy, including internet and other web-based sources and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working within country offices.
- Experience within Save the Children, including a strong network.
- Knowledge of the Safe Back to School global priority.
We can offer circa £ 39,000 per annum ( If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ei5sb3VyZW5jby42NTM4MC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY…